Vincent Edward Sackett
|Father||Eli John Sackett (1823-1901)|
|Mother||Amelia Terry (c 1823-1858)|
Vincent was a barge builder before enlisting in the British Army, aged 19, at Sheerness, KentG, on 1 October 1874. He served in the Royal Artillery for eighteen years, including thirteen years in India. Following his discharge in 1893 he lived in Madras. At the date of his death he was a Chelsea Pensioner, receiving his army pension as an out-pensioner.7,10
Children of Vincent Edward Sackett and Elizabeth Perrett
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1855. Sackett, Vincent Edward. Mother: Terry. Stepney. 1c:437."
- Baptisms Register, St George in the East, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "All Saints Day [1 Nov] 1857 Vincent Edward Sackett s. Ely John & Amelia Sackett, of 17 Star? St, shipwright."
- Website India Deaths and Burials 1719–1948 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), film 521879, "Vincent Edward Sackett, aged 39, d. 12 Oct 1894, bur. 13 Oct 1894, Bangalore, Madras, India, marital status unknown, parents' names blank."
- "British India Office Ecclesiastical Returns, Deaths & Burials", digital image, Findmypast, deaths in the uncovenanted service, "V E Sackett, d. Castle Street, Shulay, 12 Oct 1894, age 39, b. Shadwell, Middlesex, England, occ. Chelsea Pensioner, Bangalore, family: widow and five children."
- "British India Office Ecclesiastical Returns, Deaths & Burials", digital image, Findmypast, "Vincent Edward Sackett, d. 12 Oct 1894, bur. All Saints, Bangalore, Madras, 13 Oct 1894, age 39, pensioned Corporal 5th Battery, Royal Artillery, cause poison. S H Johnston, Incumbent, All Saints."
- Website India Marriages 1792–1948 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), film 521870, "10 Apr 1882, Bangalore, Madras, India, Vincent Edward Sackett, 24, s. Eli John Sackett; & Elizabeth Perrett, 16, d. Thomas Perrett."
- Website unknown website name (http://sackettfamily.info/ui12.htm).
- Vincent understated his age as 24; he was 26.
- Date of birth based on age at marriage.
- "British Army Service Records, 1760–1915", digital image, Findmypast.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||28 Nov 2016|