Amelia Violet Muriel Sackett
|Father||Vincent Edward Sackett (1855-1894)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Perrett (c 1865-)|
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Amelia was living at 48 Heath Road, St Albans, HertfordshireG. She was then aged 53 and was widowed. Her children, Kathleen, Violet, Harry, and Cecilia, were living with her.7
Children of Amelia Violet Muriel Sackett and James Simms
Notes & Citations
- "British India Office Ecclesiastical Returns, Births & Baptisms", digital image, Findmypast, "Trimulgherry, Madras, bap. 20 Jan 1886, b. 26 Dec 1885, Amelia Violet Muriel Sackett, d. of Vincent Edward & Elizabeth Sackett, father a corporal, D/1 R A, by F E Cameron, Acting Chaplain."
- Death record has birth date 24 Dec 1883.
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), "Sep qtr 1972. Simms, Amelia Violet M, b. 24 Dec 1883. St Albans. 4b:629."
- Website India Marriages 1792–1948 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), film 527463, "30 Dec 1901, Bangalore, Madras, India, James Simms, 30, s. Isaac Simms; & Amelia Violet Muriel Sackett, 17, d. Vincent Eli Sackett."
- "British India Office Marriages", digital image, Findmypast, "Holy Trinity Church, Bangalore, Madras, 30 Dec 1901, James Simms, 30, bachelor, staff sergeant farrier, of Bangalore, father Isaac Simms; to Amelia Violet Muriel Sackett, 17, spinster, of Bangalore, father Vincent Eli Sackett. Banns. Witnesses: Fred Kilburn, Ellen Millicent Bullock. By Alex J Jones, Chaplain."
- Father's name Vincent Eli is an error in the record for Vincent Edward.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, "Simms household, 48 Heath Road, St Albans M B (municipal borough), Hertfordshire: Amelia V Simms, b. 26 Dec 1885, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; Kathleen M Simms (later Goodrum), b. 8 Jan 1912, single, tailors machinist textile; Violet M Simms (later Lane), b. 2 Jan 1916, single, printers folding machinist; Harry C Simms, b. 19 May 1919, single, resistance transformer & coil minder; Cecilia Simms (later Robertshaw), b. 21 Dec 1921, single, printing folding machinist."
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||4 May 2020|