Harry Colin Sackett
|Father||Vincent Edward Sackett (1855-1894)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Perrett (c 1865-)|
Notes & Citations
- "India Births and Baptisms 1786–1947", database, FamilySearch, film 521879, "Harry Colin Sackett, b. 5 Jun 1894, bap. 23 Jun 1894, Bangalore, Madras, India, s. Vincent Edward Sackett & Elizabeth."
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (www.greatwar.nl), "Sackett, Harry Colin, Lance Corporal, service no. 11372, d. 16/09/1916, age unknown, Sherwood Foresters (Notts and Derby Regiment), United Kingdom, Pier and Face 10 C 10 D and 11 A, Thiepval Memorial."
- GRO Indexes to War Deaths, 1914-1921 (National Archives), "1916. Sackett, L/Cpl Harry C, no. 11372, unit: N & D R."
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Harry Colin, Private, 1st Bn, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment, service no. 11372, Victory Medal, British Medal, campaign BEF 1914, disembarkation date 4 Nov 1914, killed in action 16 Sep 1916. WO372/17."
- "The London Gazette", digital image, Findmypast, 31 Jul 1917, p 7802, "Soldiers Balances Undisposed Of. List CCCCCV of the names of deceased Soldiers whose Personal estate is held for distribution amongst the Next of Kin or others entitled. Sackett, H. C., Lance-Corporal, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regt. £25 2s 3d."
23 Jul 1918, p 8620, "1st Re-Publication of List CCCCCV of the names of deceased Soldiers whose Personal Estate is held for distribution amongst the Next of Kin or others entitled. Sackett, H. C., Lce.-Cpl., Notts and Derby Regt. £9 8s 6d."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||28 Jun 2020|