|Father||Benjamin Sacket (1698-1753)|
|Mother||Thankful King (1704-1785)|
Benjamin was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Sheffield, Berkshire County, MassachusettsG, on 27 August 1746.
Benjamin served as a private soldier in the American Revolutionary War in the Albany County (New York) Militia.6
Children of Benjamin Sacket and Dorothy Buell
- Deborah Sacket b. 25 Aug 1762
- Major Buell Sackett+ b. 28 Jul 1763, d. 19 Jan 1840
- John Sacket b. 16 Sep 1764
- Benjamin Sacket b. 27 Jan 1766
- Aaron Sacket b. 14 Jan 1767
- Lieutenant Elijah Sacket+ b. 31 Jan 1768, d. 7 Apr 1813
- Dorothy Sacket b. 29 Jul 1770
- Thankful Sacket b. 13 Feb 1772
- Isaac Sacket+ b. 25 Oct 1773, d. c 1854
- Calvin Sacket b. 21 Oct 1776
174. Benjamin Sacket, ____–___?, of Sheffield, Mass., Litchfield, Conn., and New Lebanon, N. Y., son of (37) Benjamin and Thankful King Sacket, was married, about 1761, to Miss Deborah Buell, daughter of Ebenezer Buell.
A parchment deed, dated May 30, 1780, conveying 59 acres of land in the town of Goshen, Litchfield County, Conn., was, in 1905, in possession of Mr. Marvin Sackett, of Lebanon, N. Y. The grantor is Ebenezer Buell and the grantee Buell Sacket. The consideration clause reads, "given in consideration of the natural love and affection which I have and do bear unto Buell Sacket, my grandson."
William Buell, colonist, came to America prior to 1639 and settled at Windsor, Conn., where his oldest son, Samuel Buell, was born, Sept. 2, 1641, and was married, Nov. 30, 1662, to Deborah Griswold, daughter of Edward Griswold, Esq., of Killingsworth, Conn. John Buell, a son of said Samuel and his wife Deborah, was born Feb. 17, 1671, and was married, Nov. 20, 1695, to Mary Loomis, and they were the parents of Ebenezer Buell, the father-in-law of (174) Benjamin Sacket.
541. Buell Sacket, b. July 28, 1763, d. Jan 18, 1840; m. 1st, Sally E. Beach.
542. John Sacket, b. Nov. 16, 1764.
543. Benjamin Sacket, b. Jan. 17, 1766.
544. Aaron Sacket, b. Jan. 14, 1767.
545. Elijah Sacket, b. Jan. 31, 1768, d. Apr. 7, 1813; m. Dorothy Hitchcock.
546. Dorothy Sacket, b. July 29, 1770.
547. Thankful Sacket, b. Feb. 18, 1772.
548. Isaac Sacket, b. Oct. 28, 1773.
549. Calvin Sacket, b. Oct 21, 1776.
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1271|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "174. Benjamin Sacket, m. Miss Buel."
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), date and place.
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Sheffield, "Sacket, Benjamin, son of Benjamin & wife Thankfull, born 21 Dec 1731."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1732 Sacket, Benjamin s. Benjamin & Thankfull, June 25."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com), unverified.
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, Benjamin
Service: New York
Birth: 12-21-1731, Sheffield, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts
Death: (Post) 1790, New Lebanon, Columbia Co, New York
Service Source: Roberts, NY in the Rev, pp 104, 106
Service Description: Col Killian Van Rensselaer, Albany Co Militia
Residence: Albany Co, New York
Spouse: Dorothy Buell."
|Last Edited||24 April 2020|