Lieutenant Elijah Sacket
|Father||Benjamin Sacket (1731-1790)|
Elijah Sacket was commissioned Lieutenant in the Washington County Regiment, New York.
545. Lieut. Elijah Sacket, 1768–1813, farmer, son of (174) Benjamin and Deborah Buel Sackett, was married, June 17, 1789, to Dorothy Hitchcock, daughter of Russell Hitchcock, of Springfield, Mass. He was born at Sheffeild, Mass., but previous to commencement of Revolution removed with his parents to New Lebanon, Columbia County, N. Y. Shortly after his marriage he settled in Washington County, where he became interested in local military affairs, and after serving for several years as a private and non-commissioned officer, was commissioned, first as Ensign and later as Lieutenant in Wahington County Regiment. In 1809 he removed to Gouverneur, St. Lawrence County, N. Y., and resided there until his death in 1813.
[Weygant's numbers jump from 1207 to 1218.]
1218. Erminia Sackett, b. Dec. 11, 1796, d. Apr. 22, 1876; m. James Parker.
1219. Electa Sackett, b. July 26, 1800; m. Homer Van Buren.
1220. Ebenezer B. Sackett, b. Dec. 2, 1803, d. Nov. 5, 1867; m. Emily Taylor.
1221. Erwin Sackett, b. Sept. 25, 1807; m. Lucinda Bacon.
Children of Lieutenant Elijah Sacket and Dorothy Hitchcock
- Elisabeth Stebbins Sackett b. 11 Dec 1791, d. Mar 1860
- Erminia Sackett b. 11 Dec 1796, d. 22 Apr 1876
- Electa Sackett b. 26 Jul 1800
- Ebenezer Buel Sackett+ b. 2 Dec 1803, d. 5 Nov 1867
- Erwin Sackett b. 25 Sep 1807
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "545. Elijah Sacket, b. Jan. 31, 1768, d. Apr. 7, 1813; m. Dorothy Hitchcock."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Sheffield, "Sacket, Elijah, son of Benjamin & wife Dorothy, born 31 Jan 1768."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1439|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||21 Aug 2021|