|Father||William Hewitt Sackett (1851-1896)|
|Mother||Sarah Reynolds (c 1852-)|
In 1891 Harry was living at 137 Hoxton Street, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents William and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Harry Sackett, a scholar, aged 11 and born in Shoreditch.9
In 1911 he was living at 137 Hoxton Street, HoxtonG, and was recorded as Harry Sackett, a boot retailer, an employer, head of household, aged 31 and born in Haggerston, London. Living with him were his wife Charlotte, 34, and their children, Harry, 4, and Stanley, aged three. Also in the household was a female domestic servant.10
Administration of Harry's estate was granted on 18 March 1943 to his widowed daughter-in-law Eileen Sackett. His estate was valued at £157.11
Harry's widow Charlotte left a will which was proved on 17 November 1943 by their son Stanley. Her estate was valued at £303.12
Children of Harry Sackett and Charlotte Goozee
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1879. Sackett, Harry. Shoreditch. 1c:132."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1942. Sackett, Harry, 63. Knaresboro'."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1899. Sackett, Harry. Islington. 1b:600."
- Marriages Register, St Mary, Islington, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "30 September 1899, Harry Sackett, 20, bachelor, salesman, of 74 Seven Sisters Road, father: William Hewitt Sackett, boot maker; and Charlotte Goozee, 23, spinster, of 102 Warner Road, Hackney, father: Henry Goozee, timber merchant. Licence. Both signed. Witnesses: Annie Goozee, Sarah Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1943. Sackett, Charlotte, 64. Uxbridge."
- Burials Register, Pinner New Cemetery, Harrow, Middlesex (transcription, Deceased Online), "18 Sep 1943 Charlotte Sackett."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/248/f141
137 Hoxton Street, Shoreditch, Middlesex
William H Sackett, head, married, 40, bootmaker (empr), b. Shoreditch, London
Sarah Sackett, wife, 39, b. Clerkenwell, London
Rowland Sackett, son, unm, 18, clicker, b. Shoreditch
Harry Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Shoreditch
William Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Laura Goslin[?], serv, 15, general serv, b. Shoreditch.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 137 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, London N
Harry Sackett, head, 31, married, boot retailer, employer, b. London, Haggerston
Charlotte Sackett, wife, 34, 2 ch, both living, assists in business, b. London, Bethnal Green
Harry Hewitt Sackett, son, 4, b. London, Shoreditch
Stanley Goozee Sackett, son, 3, b. London, Shoreditch
Evangeline Stapleton, servant, 17, general servant (domestic), b. Bermondsey.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Harry of 105 Station-parade Harrogate died 3 December 1942 Administration Llandudno 18 March 1943 to Eileen Mary Josephine Sackett widow. Effects £157 11s. 2d."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Charlotte of 28 Exeter-road Harrow Middlesex widow died 14 September 1943 at Hillingdon County Hospital Hillingdon Middlesex Probate Llandudno 17 November to Stanley Goozee Sackett insurance agent. Effects £303 3s. 1d."
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Last Edited||26 Oct 2015|