Harry Hewitt Sackett
|Father||Harry Sackett (1879-1942)|
|Mother||Charlotte Goozee (c 1876-1943)|
In 1911 Harry was living at 137 Hoxton Street, HoxtonG, in the household of his parents Harry and Charlotte, and was recorded in the census as Harry Hewitt Sackett, aged four and born in Shoreditch.5
In 1921 he was living at Elmer, Pinner Road, Harrow, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents Harry and Charlotte, and was recorded as Harry Hewitt Sackett, aged 14.6
Harry returned from South Africa, arriving in London from Cape Town on 27 January 1927 on the Llanstephan Castle. His UK address was 46 Bath Road, Harrow-on-the-Hill. He was then a 20-year-old student. As his last permanent residence was given as South Africa, it would appear he had spent some time there. He intended to become permanently resident in England.7
Harry's widow Eileen was granted administration on 18 March 1943 of his father Harry's estate, valued at £157.8
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1906. Sackett, Harry Hewitt. Mother: Goozee. Shoreditch. 1c:35."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Hoxton, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "2 Sep 1906 Harry Hewitt Sackett, b. 5 Aug 1906, s. Harry & Charlotte Sackett, of 137 Hoxton St, boot retailer."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1927. Sackett, Harry. Spouse: O'Boyle. Brentford. 3a:588."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1927. O'Boyle, Eileen M J. Spouse: Sackett. Brentford. 3a:588."
- 1911 England census
137 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, London N
Harry Sackett, head, 31, married, boot retailer, employer, b. London, Haggerston
Charlotte Sackett, wife, 34, 2 ch, both living, assists in business, b. London, Bethnal Green
Harry Hewitt Sackett, son, 4, b. London, Shoreditch
Stanley Goozee Sackett, son, 3, b. London, Shoreditch
Evangeline Stapleton, servant, 17, general servant (domestic), b. Bermondsey.
- 1921 England census
Elmer, Pinner Road, Harrow, Middlesex
Harry Sackett, head, 41y 8m, married, b. Haggerston, London, boot & shoe dealer, employer, 127 Hoxton St, London, NE
Charlotte Sackett, wife, 45y 2m, married, b. Haggerston, home duties
Harry Hewitt Sackett, son, 14y 10m, b. St Leonard's, London
Stanley Goozee Sackett, son, 13y 5m, b. St Leonard's
Leslie William Sackett, son, 7y 11m, b. St Leonard's.
- "UK Incoming Passenger Lists 1878–1960" (Ancestry image), "Harry Hewitt Sackett, 20, student, British, Llanstephan Castle 3rd class, arr. 27 Jan 1927 London, from Cape Town, South Africa, UK address 46 Bath Rd, Harrow-on-Hill, last permanent residence South Africa, intended permanent residence England."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Harry of 105 Station-parade Harrogate died 3 December 1942 Administration Llandudno 18 March 1943 to Eileen Mary Josephine Sackett widow. Effects £157 11s. 2d."
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Last Edited||11 Nov 2022|