|Father||Eliakim Sacket (1712-1764)|
|Mother||Bethesda Fowler (1717-)|
Ezra was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in WestfieldG on 5 July 1764. He was left a sum of £450.
Ezra served as a private in the American Revolutionary War in his cousin Captain Daniel Sacket's Company (7th Company, Hampshire County (Massachusetts) Regiment.)12
In 1790 Ezra was living in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG. In his household were one man, two boys, and five females.13
Ezra was listed in the census in 1800 and 1810 as a householder in WestfieldG.14,15
191. Ezra Sacket, 1750–1834, of Westfield, Mass., son of (42) Eliakim and Bethesda Fowler Sacket, was married, Feb. 14, 1779, to Lydia Lovering, 1751–731 [sic], of Ipswich. He was a patriot soldier and served three months, from Oct. 20, 1777, under Capt. Daniel Sacket, in Northern Department.
604. Lydia Sacket, m. Joel Atwater.
605. Charlotte Sacket, m. Horace Nelson.
606. Electa Sacket, b. Aug. 5, 1788, d. Feb. 1, 1861; m. C. C. Dewey.
607. Clarissa Sacket, b. in 1790, d. in Feb. 19, 1840; m. Timothy Dewey.
608. Julia Sacket, m. Lymon Norton.
609. Olive Sacket, m. Manning Blakeley.
610. Ezra Sacket.
611. Roland Sacket.
Children of Ezra Sacket and Lydia Lovering
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "191. Ezra Sacket, b. Nov. 15, 1750, d. in year 1834; m. Lydia Lovering."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:231.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Ezra, s. Eliakim & Bethesday (Fowler) b. Nov. 15, 1750."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1751 Sacket, Ezra s. Eliakim & Bethesda, Jan. 6."
- Website Register of Deaths of the First Church, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1728–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1854 April 6 Esra Sacket 85 years." [1854 a transcription error in NEHGS database; must be 1834]
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:241 28 Jul 1776 Marriage intentions filed: Ezra SACKET & Ann NEWTON.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Ezra Sacket of W. and Ann Newton of W; m. [date blank]."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:241 14 Feb 1779 Marriage intentions filed: Ezra SACKET & Lydia LOVERING.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Ezra Sacket of W. and Lydia Lovering of Ipswich; m. [date blank]."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website Register of Deaths of the First Church, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1728–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1831 April 12 Wife of Ezra Sacket 80 years."
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, "Sackett, Ezra
Birth: 11-15-1750, Westfield, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts
Death: (Post) 1820, Westfield-Liv, Hampden Co, Massachusetts
Service Source: Ma Sols & Sails, Vol 13, p 730
Service Description: Capt Daniel Sacket, Col Ruggles Woodbridge, 1777
Residence: Westfield, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts
Spouse: Lydia Lovering."
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Ezra Sacket. Westfield, Hampshire, MA. 1 white male (16+), 2 white males under 16, and 5 white females.
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Ezra Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- 1810 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Ezra Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2315|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||12 Dec 2019|