John Ashby Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1805-1873)|
|Mother||Sarah Ashby (c 1805-1846)|
In 1841 John was living at Effingham Place, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his mother Sarah, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, aged six and born in Kent.5,6
In 1861 he was living at Grafton Street, St Pancras, LondonG, and was recorded as John A Sackett, a billiard marker, head of household, married, aged 25 and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth, 25, and their children, John, 5, Charlotte, 3, and Eva, aged one.7
In 1871 he was living at 19 Chapel Place, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded as John Sackett, a tailor, head of household, married, aged 34, and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth, aged 34, and born at Hampton Court, and their children, Charlotte, 13, John, 15, Eva, 11, Elizabeth, 9, and Frank, aged two.8
Children of John Ashby Sackett and Elizabeth Sophia Silvester
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "28 September 1834 John Ashby Sackett s. John & Sarah, Ramsgate, tailor."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1875. Sackett, John Ashby, 41. Thanet."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1855. Sackett, John Ashby. St George Hanover Sq. 1a:295."
- Marriages Register, St Peter's, Eaton Square, London, "21 October 1855, John Ashby Sackett, of full age, bachelor, tailor, of Papmore Street, father: John Sackett, tailor; and Elizabeth Sophia Silvester, of full age, spinster, of Papmore Street, father: Henry Silvester, gardener. Banns. Witnesses: Henry Cross, Sarah Cross."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Effingham Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Sarah Sackett, 30, dressmaker, b. not Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 12, b. Kent
Sarah Sackett, 10, b. Kent
John Sackett, 6, b. Kent
Maria Sackett, 4, b. Kent
Emma Sackett, 1 , b. Kent
Sarah Philpott, 15, FS, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 469; Book: 5; Civil Parish: Preston By Wingham [error for Ramsgate]; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 10; Folio: 33; Page: 6; Line: 2; GSU roll: 306864.
- 1841 Census for England & Wales.
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 103, folio 10, p. 26, GSU roll 542574
Grafton St East, St Pancras, London
John A Sackett, head, married, 25, billiard marker, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 25, b. Hampton
John Sackett, son, 5, scholar, b. Middsx, St Pancras
Charlotte Sackett, dau, 3, b. Middsx, St Pancras
Eva M Sackett, 1, b. Middsx, St Pancras.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/994/f42&f42v
19 Chapel Place, Ramsgate, Kent
John Sackett, head, married, 34, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 34, dressmaker, b. Hampton Court
Charlotte Sackett, dau, 13, b. London, Middlesex
John Sackett, son, 15, b. London, Middlesex
Eva Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. London, Middlesex
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. London, Middlesex
Frank Sackett, son, 2, b. Ramsgate.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||13 Nov 2016|