Reuben T Sackett
|Father||Samuel Sackett MD (1754-1833)|
|Mother||Sarah Manning (c 1760-1813)|
Reuben was recorded on a tax list in Mason County, KentuckyG, on 25 August 1800.4
Reuben Sacket served in the War of 1812 as a Captain in the Louisiana Militia.5,6
Reuben was listed in the 1820 census as a householder in Rapides County, LouisianaG.7
Children of Reuben T Sackett and Marie Ann Poiret
Child of Reuben T Sackett and Martha Ann Nugent
- Reuben T Sackett Jr+ b. 19 Jul 1822, d. 13 Aug 1864
Alepalousia Wednesday December 31 - 1823
On Thursday morning the body of R. T. Sackett, Esq. was found on the sand bar a little below the falls of red river. The deceased was on his return home the evening before and had probably been thrown from his hors and so much injured as not to have been able to call fore relief or seek it himself a jury of inquest was impaneled and after examining the body and such witnesses as saw the deceased on his return home and those who found him dead delivered a verdict of accidental death.
Died on the night of the 24th (inst ?) in this Parish Reuben T. Sackett, Esq. who had been for many years a justice of the peace in and for the same - he leaves a widow and a large family of children to deplore his loss - his remains were interred with Masonic honors on the 25th.
—Sackett Letters & other papers, Museum at Yuma Territorial Prison State Park; Giss Parkway & Prison Hill Road, Yuma, Arizona.
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Reuben, s. Samuel & Sarah, b. Jan. 16, 1778. Kent Vital Records, 2:139."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1534. Reuben T. Sacket, b. Jan. 16, 1778, d. in year 1823."
- Email from Thurmon King to Sackett List.
- "Kentucky, U.S., Tax Lists, 1799-1801" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, RubinT, Mason, tax list dated 25 Aug 1800."
- Email from Carroll Lawson to Sackett List, "Reuben T Sackett (Sr.), son of Dr. Samuel Sackett, Revolutionary War Surgeon, was a Captain in De Clouet's Regiment of The Louisiana Militia during the War of 1812 and was stationed at English turn in the New Orleans La. area, he served earlier in the Louisiana Militia as a Private in 1806."
- "U.S., War of 1812 Service Records, 1812-1815" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Reuben T, Declouet's Regiment, Louisiana Militia, rank-induction Captain, rank-discharge Captain."
- 1820 United States census, "Reuben T Sacket, Rapides County, Louisiana, 2 males under 10, 1 male 10-15, 1 male 16-25, 1 male 26-44, 2 females under 10, 2 females 10-15, 1 female 26-44, 1 other free person, 1 slave, total 12."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||18 Nov 2023|