|Father||Benjamin Sackett (1762-1844)|
|Mother||Betsey Eldred (c 1761-1819)|
Clark Sacket served in the War of 1812 in a company of Connecticut troops.
Clark was listed in the census in 1820, 1830, and 1840 as a householder in Tallmadge, OhioG.5,6,7
In 1816 Clark Sackett was married (first) to Cynthia Preston. He was married (second) to Laura Aiken, and (third) to Jane Pierce. The mother of Clark A. Sackett, Laura Aiken, was born in 1800, at Norwalk, Connecticut, and was married in the fall of 1822. She was six years old when her father, Asher Aiken, removed to Vernon, Ohio. There were the following children born to Clark and Laura Sackett: Hiram, who died in Tallmadge Township, married (first) Eliza Treat, and (second) Mabel Fenn; Cynthia, who married Luther Heath, is survived by children residing at Genesee, New York, and also a son, Theodore, residing at Cuyahoga Falls; Edwin, residing at Genesee, New York, married Susan Pierce; Amelia, deceased, who married the late Dr. George Chapman, of New York; Benjamin, who died in infancy; Benjamin (2), who died in infancy; Clark A., residing in Tallmadge Township; Charles, who married Flora Treat, and Darius.
—William B Doyle, Centennial history of Summit County, Ohio
Children of Clark Sackett and Laura Melissa Aiken
- Cynthia Melissa Sackett b. 9 Sep 1822, d. 1877
- Hiram Aikins Sackett+ b. 1 Apr 1824, d. 1895
- Amelia Sackett b. c 1825, d. 4 Mar 1854
- Edwin Sackett+ b. 1 Jan 1827, d. 1 Sep 1879
- Benjamin Sackett b. 1829, d. 27 Jun 1831
- Benjamin Sackett b. 1835, d. 9 Jan 1839
- Clark Augustine Sackett b. 15 May 1837
- Charles Hine Sackett b. c 1839
- Darius Parmalee Sackett+ b. c 1845
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 1505 |
Thurmon King's Database, 3307
Bronson, History of Tallmadge
Histories of Summit County, Ohio.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1505. Clark Sacket, b. Feb. 4, 1793, d. in June, 1864; m. Cynthia Preston."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003", digital image, Ancestry.com, Connecticut Courant, Hartford, 20 August 1816, "Died—At Tallmadge (Ohio) on the 4th of June last, Mrs. Cynthia Sackett, aged 18 years, wife of Mr. Clark Sackett, formerly of this state."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Clark Sackett, Tallmadge, Portage County, Ohio."
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Clark Sacket, Tallmadge, Portage County, Ohio."
- 1840 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Clark Sackett, Tallmadge, Summit County, Ohio."
|Last Edited||27 April 2019|