Cynthia Melissa Sackett
|Father||Deacon Clark Sackett (1793-1862)|
|Mother||Laura Melissa Akins (1801-1846)|
In 1850 Cynthia was living in Geneseo, Livingston County, New York StateG, and was recorded in the census as Cynthia Heath, aged 27 and born in Ohio. She was living with her husband Martin L Heath, 31, a farmer, in the household of Martin's parents Stephen and Sarah.7
In 1860 she was living in GeneseoG and was recorded as Cynthia Heath, aged 35. She was living with her husband (Martin) Luther and children, Marcia, 9, and Theodore, 7, in the household of Luther's father Stephen Heath. Also in the household were Cynthia's brothers, Darius Sackett, 19, and Charles Sackett, 21.8
In 1870 she was living in GeneseoG in the household of her husband Martin, 50, a farmer, and was recorded as Cynthia Heath, aged 47. Living with them were their children, Theodore, 16, Mary, 11, and Ella, aged nine.9
In 1880 she was living in GeneseoG in the household of her husband Luther Heath, 61, a farmer, and was recorded as Cyntha M Heath, aged 58. Living with them were their children, Mary, 20, and Ella, aged 18. There were also two male farm laborers and one female domestic servant in the household.10
(Src: Find A Grave, Chris Coniglio)
Children of Cynthia Melissa Sackett and Martin Luther Heath
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3797. Cynthia M. Sacket, d. in 1877; m. Luther Heath."
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886, "Cynthia Melissa, born in Tallmadge Sept. 9th, 1822, married Martin Luther Heath."
- Find a Grave.
- Email from Patricia Harrah to Chris Sackett, May 2021.
- "New York, Death Index, 1852–1956" (Ancestry image), "Heath, Martin L, d. Geneseo, New York, 27 Dec 1906."
- Email from Patricia Harrah to Chris Sackett, May 2021, unsourced newspaper obituary, assumed date 28 Dec 1906, "Martin Luther Heath died yesterday at his home on the Lima road, aged 88 years. He was one of the real old timers of the county, having come here from Connecticut in 1834. His three daughters, Mrs. L. L. Rowland, Mrs. William Finley and Miss Ella Heath are residents of this town and his son, Theodore, lives in Ohio."
- 1850 United States census
Roll 524, p 362a
Geneseo, Livingston, New York, 14 Jul 1850
Heath, Stephen, 67, farmer, real estate $14400, b. MA
Heath, Sarah, 60, b. CT
Heath, Cynthia, 27, b. OH
Heath, Martin L, 31, farmer, b. CT
Heath, Theodore, 22, farmer, b. CT
Sandon, Martin, 20, farmer, b. NJ
Starks, Eleanor, 17, b. NY
Kennedy, Henry, 13, b. NY.
- 1860 United States census
Page 479, FHL film
Geneseo, Livingston, New York, Jul 1860
Heath, Stephen, 77, farmer, real estate $12500, personal estate $2200, b. CT
Heath, Luther, 41, b. NY
Heath, Cynthia, 35, b. OH
Heath, Marcia, 9, b. NY
Heath, Theodore, 7, b. NY
Prosser, Louisa, 38, b. NY
Rexford, Fredrick, 20, laborer, b. NY
Sackett, Darius, 19, b. OH
Sackett, Charles, 21, b. OH.
- 1870 United States census
Roll M593_965, p 102B, FHL film
Geneseo, Livingston, New York
Heath, M L, 50, farmer, real estate $21000, personal estate $4200, b. CT
Heath, Cynthia, wife, 47, b. OH
Heath, Theodore, son, 16, b. NY
Heath, Mary, dau, 11, b. NY
Heath, Ella, dau, 9, b. NY
Joneyville, John, 13, laborer, b. NY
Snyder, Emiline, 26, domestic, b. NY.
- 1880 United States census
Roll 858, p 86B, Enumeration District 022
Geneseo, Livingston, New York, 17/18 Jun 1880
Heath, Luther, head, 61, farmer, b. CT, father b. MA, mother b. CT
Heath, Cyntha M., wife, 58, keeping house, b. OH, father b. CT, mother b. CT
Heath, Mary, daughter, 20, at home, b. NY, father b. CT, mother b. OH
Heath, Ella, daughter, 18, at school, b. NY, father b. CT, mother b. OH
[+ 2 male farm laborers and 1 female domestic servant].
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||18 Jun 2021|