Colonel Caleb H Sackett
|Father||Colonel Richard Sackett (between 1741 & 1750-1799)|
|Mother||Rachel Holmes (c 1745-c 1820)|
Caleb was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in New York CityG in 1798. He was to inherit his father's estate equally with his brother Nathaniel after financial provision was made for his father's widow Rachel and daughters Betsey and Polly. He was appointed joint executor with his brother Nathaniel and his father's cousin Richard Sackett of Bedford.3
Caleb was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in Tioga, New York StateG.4
In 1810 he was a householder in Spencer, Tioga CountyG.5
In 1850 Caleb's widow Jane was living in Amity, Allegany County, New York StateG, in the household of her daughter Hannah and son-in-law Anson Hall, and was recorded in the census as Jane Sacket, aged 73 and born in New York State.6
841. Colonel Caleb Sackett, 1770–18__, son of (341) Colonel Richard and Rachel Holmes Sackett, was a prominent and highly respected farmer of Tioga County, N.Y. He was an enthusiastic militiaman. In 1810 he was commissioned Paymaster of Colonel Swartwood's Regiment, of which his twin brother Nathaniel was at same time commissioned Quartermaster. The recently published minutes of the New York State Military Appointments, show that in 1817 he was commissioned Adjutant of 95th Regiment, in 1820 Major of 79th Regiment, and in 1821 Lieut. Col. Commandant of 199th Regiment, all of Tioga County. No record of his service in War of 1812 has been found. So far as known to the compiler of this volume he was unmarried.
Children of Colonel Caleb H Sackett and Jane McMaster
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "841. Caleb H. Sackett, b. Apr. 9, 1770."
- Thurmon King's database.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- 1800 United States census
"Caleb Sacket, Tioga, Tioga County, New York State."
- 1810 United States census
"Caleb H Sackett, Spencer, Tioga County, New York State."
- 1850 United States census
Roll 475, p 76a
Amity, Allegany, New York, 12 Sep 1850
Hall, Anson C, 31, farmer, real estate $2500, b. NY
Hall, Hannah, 30, b. NY
Hall, James K, 5, b. NY
Hall, Richard N, 3, b. NY
Hall, Caleb H, 1, b. NY
Sacket, Jane, 73, b. NY
Sacket, Susan M, 48, b. NY
Sacket, Elizabeth, 38, b. NY.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||23 Jan 2022|