|Father||John Sackett (1764-1828)|
|Mother||Charlotte Tucker (1764-1797)|
In 1841 James was living in Dagenham Village, EssexG, and was recorded in the census as James Sackett, a grocer, aged 45 and born outside Essex. Living with him were his wife Ann, 35, and children, Henry, 12, James, 4, and one-year-old William.8
In 1851 he was living at Bull Street, Dagenham, EssexG, and was recorded as James Sackett, a gardener, head of household, married, aged 58, and born in Marylebone, Middlesex. Living with him were his wife Ann, aged 47, and born in West Thurrock, and their children, James, 14, William, 11, John, 9, Martha, 5, and Robert, aged three.6
In 1861 he was living at the Post Office, DagenhamG, and was recorded as James Sackett, sub-postmaster and gardener, head of household, married, aged 68 and born in Marylebone. Living with him were his wife Ann, 58, and their children, William, 21, Robert, 13, and Martha, 15.9
In 1871 James's widow Ann was living at the New Wanstead British Queen, Wanstead, EssexG, in the household of her daughter Martha and son-in-law William Glynn, a beerhouse keeper, and was recorded in the census as Ann Sackett, aged 67 and born in West Thurrock.10
Children of James Sackett and Ann Argent Lee
- Anne Charlotte Sackett b. 1823, d. 1861
- Martha Sackett b. c 1825, d. Oct 1838
- Henry Sackett b. c 1828, d. 1900
- John Sackett b. 1831, d. Jun 1831
- William Sackett b. 1832, d. 1838
- James Sackett b. c 1834, d. Feb 1835
- James Sackett b. 1836
- William Sackett+ b. 1839, d. 1898
- John Sackett b. 1842, d. 3 Nov 1911
- Ralph Sackett b. 1844, d. 1844
- Martha Sackett+ b. 12 Apr 1845
- Robert Sackett+ b. 5 Jul 1847, d. 1915
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1866. Sackett, James, 74. Romford."
- Email from Ted Sackett to Chris Sackett.
- Marriage Licence Allegations, Vicar-General's Office (Society of Genealogists), "27 August 1822, James Sackett, bachelor, 21+, of Navestock, Essex, & Ann Lee, spinster, 21+, of Hornchurch, Essex, at Navestock."
- Marriages Register, Navestock, Essex (Society of Genealogists), "31 August 1822 James Sackett & Ann Lee of Hornchurch. Licence."
- 1851 England census
James Sackett, head, married, 58, gardener, b. Middlesex, Marylebone
Ann Argent Sackett, wife, 47, gardener's wife, b. Essex, West Thurrock
James Sackett, son, 14, gardener's son, b. Essex, Dagenham
William Sackett, son, 11, b. Essex, Dagenham
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Essex, Dagenham
Martha Sackett, dau, 5, b. Essex, Dagenham
Robert Sackett, son, 3, b. Essex, Dagenham.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1878. Sackett, Anne, 75. Romford."
- 1841 England census
Villiage, Dagenham, Essex
James Sackett, 45, grocer, not b. Essex
Ann Sackett, 35, b. Essex
Henry Sackett, 12, b. Essex
James Sackett, 4, b. Essex
William Sackett, 1, b. Essex
HO107; Piece 323; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Dagenham; County: Essex; Enumeration District: 13; Folio: 51; Page: 2; Line: 10; GSU roll: 241362.
- 1861 England census
RG 9, piece 1069, folio 99, p. 2, GSU roll 542747
Post Office, Dagenham, Essex
James Sackett, head, married, 68, sub-postmaster and gardener, b. Mdx, Marylebone
Ann A Sackett, wife, 58, b. Essex, West Thurrock
William Sackett, son, unm, 21, gardener, b. Essex, Dagenham
Robert Sackett, son, 13, scholar, b. Essex, Dagenham
Martha Sackett, dau, 15, serv, b. Essex, Dagenham
Mary Knight, [relationship blank], widow, 68, charwoman, b. Essex, Dunmow.
- 1871 England census
RG10, piece 1635, folio 35, p. 5, GSU roll 829936
New Wanstead British Queen, Wanstead, Essex
William Glynn, head, married, 44, beerhouse keeper, b. Chigwell, Essex
Martha Glynn, wife, 26, b. Dagenham, Essex
Ann Sackett, mother, 67, b. West Thurrock, Essex
William Glynn, son, 16, carpenter, b. Wanstead, Essex
James Glynn, son, 15, carpenter, b. Wanstead, Essex
Henry Glynn, son, 6, scholar, b. Wanstead, Essex
Fred Glynn, son, 3, b. Wanstead, Essex
Florence Glynn, dau, 1, b. Wanstead, Essex.
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2014|