|Father||James Sackett (c 1792-1866)|
|Mother||Ann Argent Lee (1803-1878)|
In 1841 William was living in Dagenham Village, EssexG, in the household of his parents James and Ann, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, aged one and born in Essex.8
In 1851 he was living at Bull Street, Dagenham, EssexG, in the household of his parents James and Ann, and was recorded as William Sackett, aged 11, and born in Dagenham.9
In 1861 he was living at the Post Office, DagenhamG, in the household of his parents James and Ann, and was recorded as William Sackett, a gardener, unmarried, aged 21 and born in Dagenham.10
William and Ruth appear to have separated by 1871. On 8 February 1871 Ruth was the subject of a removal order from Bethnal Green to the neighbouring parish of Mile End Old Town under the provisions of the Poor Law.11
In 1871 William was living at 11 Charles Place, Shadwell, LondonG, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a drayman, married, aged 31 and born in Dagenham. He was a visitor in the household of Henry Kinchin, 31, a ropemaker, and his family.12 His wife Ruth, 34, was living with their eight-year-old daughter Elizabeth at 32 Cordova Road, Bethnal Green, MiddlesexG.13
In 1881 William was living at 22 Thomas Street, Southwark, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a carman, lodger (head), a widower, aged 41, and born in Dagenham.14
In 1891 he was living at 37 Oxley Street, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of Henry and Susan Panter, and was recorded as W Sackett, a carman, a widower, aged 51, and born in Dagenham.15
Child of William Sackett and Ruth Jones
- Elizabeth Sackett b. 1863, d. 1873
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1839. Sackett, William. Mother: Lee. Romford. 12:215."
- "Essex Baptisms" (Findmypast transcript), Baptisms Register, Dagenham, St Peter & St Paul, Essex, "25 Aug 1839, William Sackett, father James Sackett, labourer, mother Anne Harriet, of Dagenham."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1898. Sackett, William, 58. St Olave."
- Burials Register, St Peter and St Paul, Dagenham, Essex (Findmypast transcript), "24 Jul 1898 William Sackett, 58."
- "Essex Burial Index 1530-1994" (Findmypast transcript), Burials Register, Dagenham, Essex, "24 Jul 1898, William Sackett, 58, of St Alaves Union Infirmary."
- Marriages Register, St Dunstan, Stepney, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "30 June 1862, William Sackett, 23, bachelor, gardener, of 5 St Thomas' Road, father: James Sackett, postmaster; and Ruth Jones, 26, spinster, of 5 St Thomas' Road, father: James Jones, bailiff. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: [illegible], Jehiel Price."
- 1841 England census
Villiage, Dagenham, Essex
James Sackett, 45, grocer, not b. Essex
Ann Sackett, 35, b. Essex
Henry Sackett, 12, b. Essex
James Sackett, 4, b. Essex
William Sackett, 1, b. Essex
HO107; Piece 323; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Dagenham; County: Essex; Enumeration District: 13; Folio: 51; Page: 2; Line: 10; GSU roll: 241362.
- 1851 England census
James Sackett, head, married, 58, gardener, b. Middlesex, Marylebone
Ann Argent Sackett, wife, 47, gardener's wife, b. Essex, West Thurrock
James Sackett, son, 14, gardener's son, b. Essex, Dagenham
William Sackett, son, 11, b. Essex, Dagenham
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Essex, Dagenham
Martha Sackett, dau, 5, b. Essex, Dagenham
Robert Sackett, son, 3, b. Essex, Dagenham.
- 1861 England census
RG 9, piece 1069, folio 99, p. 2, GSU roll 542747
Post Office, Dagenham, Essex
James Sackett, head, married, 68, sub-postmaster and gardener, b. Mdx, Marylebone
Ann A Sackett, wife, 58, b. Essex, West Thurrock
William Sackett, son, unm, 21, gardener, b. Essex, Dagenham
Robert Sackett, son, 13, scholar, b. Essex, Dagenham
Martha Sackett, dau, 15, serv, b. Essex, Dagenham
Mary Knight, [relationship blank], widow, 68, charwoman, b. Essex, Dunmow.
- "London, England, Selected Poor Law Removal and Settlement Records, 1698–1930" (Ancestry image), "Bethnal Green, orders of removal, 8 Feb 1871, Sackett, Ruth, 34, parish removing M.E.O.T. [Mile End Old Town]."
- 1871 England census
RG10, piece 544, folio 147, p. 40, GSU roll 823391
11 Charles Place, Shadwell, London
William Sackett, visitor, married, 31, drayman, b. Essex, Dagenham.
[in household of Henry Kinchin, 31, ropemaker, & family]
- 1871 England census
RG10, piece 484, folio 90, p. 85, GSU roll 823371
32 Cordova Rd., Bethnal Green, Middlesex
Ruth Sackett, head, married, 34, b. Radnor
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 8, scholar, b. Dagenham.
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341126, PRO RG11/0556/74/16
Southwark St John Horsleydown, Surrey
22 Thomas St
William Sackett, lodger (head), widower, 41, b. Dagenham, Essex, carman.
- 1891 England census
37 Oxley St, Bermondsey, Surrey
W Sackett, widower, 51, carman, b. Dagenham, Essex
[In household of Henry Panter, 60, & Susan Panter, 52].
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||29 Sep 2023|