|Father||Reuben Sackett (1732-1803)|
|Mother||Mercy Finney (1729/30-1805)|
In 1790 Aaron was living in Spring Hill, Fayette County, PennsylvaniaG. In his household were one man, one boy, and three females.5
Aaron was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Warren, Connecticut, on 19 March 1800. He was then living away and would receive his inheritance if he returned and made claim within ten years. He was to receive £20 from his brother Alexander, the only son still living in Warren, who would then inherit their father's estate.6
Aaron was named as a beneficiary in his mother's will made in Warren, ConnecticutG, on 16 October 1804. He was living some way away and would receive his inheritance if he returned and made claim within five years.
Aaron was a pew holder in the Congregational Church of Christ, WarrenG, in 1816 and in 1822.7
Aaron was listed in the 1820 census as a householder in Hanover, Butler County, OhioG.8
Children of Aaron Sackett and Dorcas Clark
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "664. Aaron Sacket, b. Dec. 26, 1760."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Aaron, s. [Reuben & Marcy], b. Dec. 26, 1760. Kent Vital Records, 1:8."
- Email from S Howard Dreelan to Sackett Discussion List.
- "U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900" (Ancestry transcript), "1785, PA, Aaron Sackett, b. CT, 1760, & Dorcas [no surname], b. MD."
- 1790 United States census
Aron Sackett. Springhill, Fayette, PA. 1 white male (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 3 white females.
- "Connecticut, Wills and Probate Records, 1609–1999" (Ancestry image).
- Lucy Sackett Curtiss, The Congregational Church, Warren, Connecticut, 1756–1956, 19–20, "List of Pew Holders in Old Meeting House, 1816 [included] Justus Sackett, Moses Sackett, Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Alexander Sackett, Aaron Sackett."
39–40, "List of Pew Holders in New Meeting House, 1822 [included] Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Justus Sackett, Aaron Sackett, Moses Sackett, Alexander Sackett."
- 1820 United States census
"Aaron Sacket, Hanover, Butler County, Ohio, 1 m 45+, 1 f 10-15, 1 f 45+, total 3."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Aug 2022|