|Father||Jonathan Sacket (1727-1777)|
|Mother||Hannah Phelps (1726/27-1803)|
Almeron's father Jonathan died when Almeron was six and Jonathan's brother Reuben was appointed as the child's guardian.1
Almeron was named as a beneficiary in his grandmother Anne Filer's will made in Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, in June 1783.
Almeron was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in Tioga, Lycoming County, PennsylvaniaG.6
Almeron served in the 19th US Infantry Regiment during the War of 1812, enlisting at Zanesville, Muskingum County, OhioG, on 26 December 1814 and being discharged there on 27 March 1815.7 On 20 January 1818 he was granted 320 acres of land in Knox County, IllinoisG, under a Bounty Land Warrant following his army service.8
In 1820 he was a householder in Alexander County, IllinoisG.9
Children of Almeron Sacket and Rachel White
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "654. Almon Sacket, died unmarried."
- It is believed that Almon and this Almeron were the same and that the record of his being unmarried was in error.
- Date of marriage based on birth of first child.
- "Illinois, Marriage Index, 1860–1920" (Ancestry transcript), "18 Sep 1823, Bond, Illinois, Almeron Sackett & Isabella Worley."
- 1800 United States census
"Almeron Sacket, Tyoga, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, 3 m under 10, 1 m 26-44, 1 f under 10, 1 f 26-44."
- "US Army, Register of Enlistments, 1798–1914" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Almeron, rank Rect?, 19th USI, ht 5'7", eyes blk, hair dk, complexion brown, age 40, occupation cooper, b. Conn, enlisted 26 Dec 1814, Zanesville, Ohio, by Lieut Cass, period DW, remarks DRR Zanesville Dec 31/14. D R Capt Geo Kisslings co, Feb 16/15; present private. Discharged at Zanesville O. Mar 27/15, term expd, See pension case."
- "US General Land Office Records, 1796–1907" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Almeron, late private in the 19th Regt of Infantry, grant, 320 acres, Knox, Illinois, meridian 4th PM - 1815 Illinois, township 11-N, range 2-E, section 27, grant dated 20 Jan 1818."
- 1820 United States census
"Almeran Sacket, Alexander County, Illinois."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||8 May 2023|