|Father||Lieutenant David Sacket (1743-1838)|
|Mother||Lucretia Shepard (1758-)|
John was listed in the 1820 census as a householder in Pierpont, Ashtabula CountyG.8
In 1821 John was named in a tax list for Ashtabula County as the original owner of land in the south-east corner of the town (the name of which is not recorded). In 1829, he was resident in Denmark, Ashtabula CountyG, and was taxed on one horse and seven cattle. In 1835, he was taxed there on five horses and nine cattle.9
In 1840, John was a householder in Denmark Township, Ashtabula CountyG.10
Children of John Sackett and Eunice Leffingwell
Notes & Citations
- Birthplace given as MA on 1880 census record for son Elisha.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "568. John Sacket."
- Emails from Patty Chrisman to Chris Sackett, August 1998.
- Vital Records, Norwich (Huntington), Massachusetts, p177 "6 Mar 1813 Intention of marriage between Mr John Sacket of Chester & Miss Eunice Leffingwell of Norwich entered by me March 6th 1813. Samll Wright, Town Clerk."
- Vital Records, Norwich (Huntington), Massachusetts, p230 "John Sackets of Chester & Eunice Leffingwell of Norwich were joined together in marriage by Erastus Lyman, Esqr, April 1, 1813. Wm Hooker Jr, Town Clerk."
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1620–1850", digital image, American Ancestors, Chester marriages, "Sacket, John and Eunice Leffingwell of Norwich, int. 6 Mar 1813."
- Albert Leffingwell, The Leffingwell Record: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Lt. Thomas Leffingwell, Leffingwell Publishing Company, Aurora, New York (1897), digital image, Internet Archive (archive.org), "Eunice [Leffingwell, d. of Elisha Leffingwell and Betsey Barney], b. abt. 1790; m. John Sackett, and had children: Gurdon, Elisha, Perit, Alonzo, Corinth, Eunice, and Lucretia."
- 1820 United States census
"John Sackett, Pierpont, Ashtabula County, Ohio."
- "Ohio, U.S., Tax Records, 1800-1850" (Ancestry image), Ashtabula, Ohio, 1821, John Sacket listed as original owner of land in SE corner of the town. Denmark Township, Ashtabula, Ohio, 1829, "Sacket, John, 1 horse, value $40, 7 cattle, value $56, tax $0.81."; 1835, "Sacket, John, 5 horses, value $200, 9 cattle, value $72, tax $2.85."
- 1840 United States census
"John Sackett, Denmark, Ashtabula County, Ohio."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Mar 2022|