|Father||Thomas Sackett of Hopewell (say 1720-)|
|Mother||Sarah Haywood (say 1720-)|
Elijah served in the American Revolutionary War in the 6th Battalion in an unknown place in 1780.2,5,6,7,8
Elijah paid taxes in Fannett, Franklin County, PennsylvaniaG, in 1781 on 100 acres of land, a horse and two cows. He paid state tax there in 1785 and 1786.9
Elijah was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in Tyrone, Crawford County, PennsylvaniaG.10
In 1810 he was a householder in Toboyne, Cumberland County, PennsylvaniaG.11
In 1820 and 1830 he was a householder in Berlin, Delaware County, OhioG.12,13
281. Elijah Sackett, 1751–1837, of Cumberland County, Penn., and Delaware County, Ohio, son of (82) Thomas and Sarah L. Haywood Sackett, was married in 1779 to Catherine Gibson, daughter of William Gibson, Jr., and his wife Anna Seaton, and grand-daughter of William Gibson, Sr. and his wife Nancy Holmes.
741. Ann Sackett, b. in year 1781; m. ___ Hughes.
742. Milton H. Sackett, b. Mar. 19, 1783, d. Feb. 22, 1849; m. Anna Sterret.
743. Guy Sackett, b. in year 1784; m. Sarah Duncan.
744. Augustine Sackett, b. in year 1786; m. Martha Lusk.
745. Lavina Sackett, b. in year 1787; m. John Slack.
746. Lydia Sackett, b. in year 1787; d. unmarried.
747. Rachel Sackett, b. in year 1791; m. John Herbert.
748. Elijah Sackett, b. in year 1792; m. Mary Cunningham.
749. Esther Sackett, b. in year 1794; m. William Cunningham.
750. Elias Sackett, b. in year 1796, d. unmarried.
751. Rhoda Sackett, b. in year 1798, d. unmarried.
752. Jane Sackett, b. in year 1801, d. unmarried.
Children of Elijah Sackett and Catharine Gibson
- Sarah Sackett b. c 1780, d. c 1853
- Ann Sackett b. c 1781
- Milton H Sackett+ b. 19 Mar 1783, d. 22 Feb 1849
- Guy Sackett+ b. 1784, d. 1853
- Augustine Sackett b. c 1786, d. c 1857
- Lavina Sackett b. c 1787
- Lydia Sackett b. c 1787
- Rachel Sackett+ b. 1791
- Elijah Sackett b. c 1792
- Esther Sackett b. c 1794
- Elias Sackett b. c 1796
- Rhoda Sackett b. c 1798
- Jane Sackett b. c 1801
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "281. Elijah Sackett, b. in 1751, d. in 1837; m. Catherine Gibson."
- "A roster of Revolutionary ancestors of the Indiana Daughters of the American Revolution" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Elijah, b. ca. 1751, Hopewell, N.J., d. 29 Aug 1837, Delaware Co, Ohio, m. 1779, Catherine Gibson, b. ca. 1760, d. 7 Dec 1831, Delaware Co., Ohio. Service: Pvt in Capt. Thos. Askey's Cumberland Co. Pa. Militia 14 Aug 1782. Also same Co. in 1779. Children: Sarah, b. 1780, m. Richard Gabriel; Ann, b. 1781, m. — Hughes; Milton H, b. 19 Mar 1783, m. Ann Sterrett; Guy, b. 25 Oct 1784, m. Nancy Ann Duncan; Augustine, b. 1786, m. Martha Lusk; Lavinia, b. 1787, m. John Slack; Lydia, b. 1787; Rachel, b. 1791, m. John Herbert; Elijah, b. 1792, m. Mary Cunningham; Esther, b. 1794, m. Wm. Cunningham; Elias, b. 1796; Rhoda, b. 1798; Jane, b. 1801. Descendant: Nunn, Margery Sackett (Mrs. John Benton), No. 452156."
- Indiana NSDAR records Elijah's birthplace as Hopewell NJ. An original record has not been found but PA is more likely.
- Find a Grave.
- "US, Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925–1970" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Elijah, enlisted 14 Aug 1782, Cumberland County Militia, b. 1751, d. 29 Aug 1837, bur. Oak Grove Cemetery, Delaware, Ohio, application by H F Sackett, g-g-g-grandson, 6 Oct 1960."
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, "Sackett, Elijah
Birth: (Circa) 1751, Hopewell, Hunterdon Co, New Jersey
Death: 8-29-1837, Delaware Co, Ohio
Service Description: Capt Thomas Askey, Cumberland Co Militia
Comments: SS : PA Arc, 5th Ser. vol. 6 p 44
Residence: Cumberland Co, Pennsylvania
Spouse: Catherine Gibson."
- "Pennsylvania, U.S., Veterans Card Files, 1775-1916" (Ancestry image), "Saccat, Elijah, Pvt, Cumberland County, unit 6th Bn, commander Capt Noah Abraham, Co Return, Frankstown, 1780, record proves active duty, active duty militia."
- "The Official roster of the soldiers of the American Revolution buried in the state of Ohio" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Elijah - Delaware Co, b 1751, d 1837; bur Oak Grove Cem, Delaware Twp, Delaware Co, O. 56th NSDAR Report."
- "Pennsylvania, U.S., Tax and Exoneration, 1768-1801" (Ancestry image), "Fannett, Cumberland County, 1781, Elijah Sackett, 100 acres rates 50, 1 horse & 2 cows 16, total 66."; "Fannett, Franklin County, 1785, Elijah Sacket, state tax 3s 6d."; "Fannett, Franklin County, 1786, Elijah Sackett, 4s 2d."
- 1800 United States census
"Elijah Sackett, Tyrone, Crawford County, Pennsylvania."
- 1810 United States census
"Elijah Sacket, Toboyne, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania."
- 1820 United States census
"Elijah Sacket, Berlin, Delaware County, Ohio."
- 1830 United States census
"Elijah Sacket, Berlin, Delaware County, Ohio."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||Son of Thomas Sackett of Hopewell|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 6
|Last Edited||19 Mar 2023|