|Father||Samuel Sacket (1674-1709)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Bissell (c 1675-)|
Benoni's father Samuel died in November 1709, several months before Benoni's birth. His mother Elizabeth was remarried in 1713, to John Root.8
Benoni served as a soldier in a company raised in Massachusetts for an expedition against Canada in 1746.9
Children of Benoni Sacket and Mindwell Smith
60. Benoni Sacket, 1710–1785, of Westfield, Mass., son of (14) Samuel and Elisabeth Bissell Sacket, was married in March, 1731, to Mindwell Smith, of Hadley.
238. Elizabeth Sacket, b. Sept. 13, 1734; m. John Shepard.
239. Diana Sacket, b. Mar. 18, 1736; m. Seth Case.
240. Lucretia Sacket, b. June 28, 1739.
241. Ruth Sacket, b. Sept. 28, 1741; m. Jacob Gleason.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 144|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Lieut David Sackett & Lucretia Shepard relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "60. Benoni Sacket, b. May 18, 1710, d. Apr. 6, 1783; m. Mindwell Smith."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:120.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Benony, s. Samuell & Elizabeth, b. May 18, 1720." [This must be transcription error for 1710.]
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1710 Sacket, Benoni s. Samuel & Elizabeth, 3 mo 21 d."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:190.
- Website Register of Deaths of the First Church, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1728–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1785 April 6 Benoni Sacket 75 years."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Benoni Sacket of W. and Mindwell Smith of Hadley; m. Mar. 11, 1732/2 [sic]."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "John Root (Roott) (lst) Lt. of W. and Wid. Elizabeth Sacket of W; m. Sept.--1713."
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, vol. 50 (1896): 71–2.
|Last Edited||2 November 2019|