Milton Betts Sackett
|Father||Milford F Sackett (1854-)|
|Mother||Angeline Young (c 1861-)|
In 1900 Milton was living in Manchester, Washtenaw County, MichiganG, in the household of William Pease, 59, a farmer, and was recorded in the census as Milton Sackett, a boarder, aged 17 and born in Michigan.7
In 1910 he was living in Franklin, Lenawee County, MichiganG, in the household of his father Milford and stepmother Myra, and was recorded as M B Sackett, a laborer on the home farm, aged 26.8
Milton completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 35 and was a self-employed farmer. He was living in Clinton, Lenawee CountyG. Next of kin was his brother John.9
In 1920 Milton was living in Franklin, Lenawee County, MichiganG, and was recorded in the census as Milton Sackett, a farmer, head of household, aged 36. He owned his home on a mortgage. Living with him were his wife Ilah, 21, their son Harold, aged two months, and Milton's widowed stepmother Maria Sackett, aged 64.10
In 1930 he was living in FranklinG and was recorded as Milton B Sackett, a farmer, head of household, aged 47. He owned his home. Living with him were his wife Ilah, 32, and their children, Harold, 10, Mary, 8, Herbert, 7, Geraldine, 5, and Milton, aged three months. There was also a female servant in the household.11
Milton completed a World War II draft registration card on 27 April 1942. He was aged 58 and was living in FranklinG.12
Milton B. Sackett
Special to The Telegram
Clinton, Jan. 18—Milton B Sackett, 59 years old, died yesterday afternoon at 5 o'clock in his home in Franklin township. He had been in failing health some time. He was born in Fulton county, Ohio, and had lived in this vicinity about 30 years.
He is survived by the widow, Mrs. Ilah Sackett, three sons, Harold in the Army, Herbert and Milton Jr. at home, three daughters, Mrs. Harold Patterson of Clinton and Mary and Juanita at home, one brother, John Sackett of Adrian and a half-brother, Leon Sackett of Clinton.
The funeral arrangements have not been completed.
—The Daily Telegram, Adrian, Michigan, 18 Jan 1943, p 6.
Children of Milton Betts Sackett and Ilah Mae Wismer
Notes & Citations
- "Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1774–1973", database, Ancestry.com, "Sacket, Milton B., b. Amboy, Fulton, Ohio, 30 Oct 1882, father Milford F. Sacket, mother Angelina."
- "Michigan Death Certificates 1867–1909", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Milton B, d. Franklin, Lenawee, Michigan, 17 Jan 1943, age 59-5-12, b. Fulton Co, Ohio, 5 Aug 1883, father Milford Sackett, mother Angeline Youngs, informant Mrs Ilah M Sackett, Clinton, MI, cause myocardial insufficiency."
- Website Find A Grave.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952", digital image, Ancestry.com, "28 Feb 1919, Clinton, Lenawee, Michigan, Milton Sackett, 35, of Franklin Twp, Michigan, b. Ohio, farming, father Milford Sackett, mother Angeline Youngs; to Ilah Wisner, 21, of Hope, Mich, b. Michigan, father Wisner, mother not known. By F H Purdy, Minister M E Church. Witnesses: Margaret Purdy, Katherine S Purdy, both of Clinton."
- "Michigan Births 1867–1902", digital image, FamilySearch, "28 Feb 1898, 28 Feb 1898, Hope Township, Midland, Michigan, Ilah M. Wismer, father Henry Wismer b. Canada, mother Mary Bailey b. Michigan."
- Thurmon King's database.
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 4, Enumeration District 0098, FHL microfilm 1240746
Manchester, Washtenaw, Michigan, 6 Jun 1900
Sackett, Milton, boarder, b. 1882, 17, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI.
[In household of William Pease, 59, farmer, and family]
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T624_660, p 4B, Enumeration District 0063, FHL microfilm 1374673
Franklin, Lenawee, Michigan, 23 Apr 1910
Sackett, M F, head, 55, farmer, general farm, m1. 32y, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. NY, home owned on mortgage
Sackett, Myra, wife, 55, m1. 32y, 5 ch, all living, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, M B, son, 26, farm laborer, home farm, b. OH, father b. MI, mother b. PA.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Michigan, Lenawee, Roll 1675808, Draft Board 2, "Serial no 306, order no A1476, Milton Betts Sackett, No 1 Clinton, Lenawee, Mich., age 35, b. 5 Aug 1883, white, native born, farmer, self employed, nok: John W. Sackett, Newport, Monroe, Mich. Registrant: tall ht, med build, blue eyes, brown hair, no disabilities. Reg. 12 Sept 1918."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T625_781, p 11B, Enumeration District 71
Franklin, Lenawee, Michigan, 21 Jan 1920
Sackett, Milton, head, 36, farmer, general farm, b. OH, father b. MI, mother b. OH, home owned on mortgage
Sackett, Ilah, wife, 21, b. MI, father b. Canada, mother b. MI
Sackett, Harold, son, 2/12, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. MI
Sackett, Maria, stepmother, 64, wd, b. MI, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 1A, Enumeration District 0026, FHL microfilm 2340742
Franklin, Lenawee, Michigan, 2 Apr 1930
Sackett, Milton B, head, 47, m. at 36, farmer, general farming, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, home owned
Sackett, Ilah M, wife, 32, m. at 21, b. MI, father b. Canada, mother b. MI
Sackett, Harold F, son, 10, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. MI
Sackett, Mary J, daughter, 8, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. MI
Sackett, Herbert W, son, 7, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. MI
Sackett, Geraldine E, daughter, 5, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. MI
Sackett, Milton B, son, 3 3/12, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. MI
Dull, Lena, servant, 67, wd, m. at 20, servant, private family, b. OH, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Milton Betts Sackett, Franklin Township, Lenawee, Michigan, age 58, b. Fulton County, Ohio, 5 Aug 1883, contact Ilah M Sackett, Clinton, Michigan, emp. self, Clinton, race white, ht 5'10", eyes blue, wt 130, hair gray, complexion ruddy, injured second finger on left hand. Reg Tipton, Mich, 27 Apr 1942." Card overwritten "Deceased 1-17-1943."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 19981|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Capt Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||10 Jun 2021|