John Hubbert Sackett
|Father||William Post Sackett (1856-1946)|
|Mother||Maria Tilton Hubbert (1854-1938)|
In 1880 John was living in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaG, in the household of his parents William and Maria, and was recorded in the census as John H Sackett, aged ten months and born in Pennsylvania.8
In 1900 he was living at East Montgomery Avenue, Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaG, and was recorded as John H Sackett, a silversmith, head of household, aged 21. Living with him were his wife Mary, 22, their six-month-old son Calvin, and John's widowed maternal grandmother Mary, aged 80 (listed as Sackett but was Hubbert.)9
In 1910 he was living at Ferry Road, New Britain, Bucks County, PennsylvaniaG, and was recorded as John Sackett, a watch salesman, head of household, aged 31. He owned his home free of mortgage. Living with him were his wife Mary, 31, and their children, Calvin, 10, Delores, 8, and Abigail, aged three. The family were living next door but one to John's parents, William and Maria.10
John completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 40 and was an insurance salesman at London Guarantee Accident. He was living at 601 West 127 Street, New York CityG, with his wife Kate.11
In 1920 he was living at East 209 Street, The Bronx, New York CityG, and was recorded as Jay H Sackett, a jeweler in a store, head of household, aged 41, a widower. He rented his home. Living with him were his children, Calvin, 20, Dolores, 17, and Abigail, aged twelve.12
John completed a World War II draft registration card on 25 April 1942. He was aged 60, living at 94-17, 218 Street, Queens Village, New York CityG, with his wife Margaret.13
Children of John Hubbert Sackett and Mary Virginia Fussell
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "8668. John Hubbert Sackett, b. July 23, 1880."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, John Hubbert, b. 23 Jul 1880 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, father William P Sackett, mother Maria T Hubbert, listed Jan 1963 as John Hubbert Sackett."
- "U.S., Presbyterian Church Records, 1701-1970" (Ancestry image), Bethesda Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, "John Hubbert Sackett, s. William P & Maria T, b. 23 Jul 1879, bap. 19 Sep 1879."
- "New York, Death Index, 1862–1948" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, John, d. Queens, New York, 4 Nov 1965, age 86."
- "United States Marriages" (Findmypast image), "License, 27 Feb 1899, Philadelphia County, PA, John H Sackett, b. Phila, PA, 23 Sep 1879, of 1526 E Montgomery Ave, salesman, prev. m. no; & Mary Virginia Fussell, b. Phila, 25 Feb 1878, of 1949 Patton St, prev. m. no."
"Consent, Mary A Hubbard [sic], of 1526 E Montgomery Ave, Pha, grandmother of John H Sackett residing same house, who is 20. I consent to marriage of my grandson to Mary V Fussell. Parents are living but have deserted their son & contributed no support for years. [Signed] Mary A Hubbert."
"Certificate, 1 March 1899, married John H Sackett and Miss Mary V Fussell, by John Graham, Minister of the Gospel, 3227 Montgomery Ave."
- Marriage record.
- Thurmon King's database, 30927 John Hubbert Sackett.
- 1880 United States Federal Census
FHL 1255184 NA T9-1184/243A (TEK, TCS)
Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
William P. Sackett, head, married, 23, b. NY, salesman silverware, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Maria T. Sackett, other, married, 23, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
John H. Sackett, son, 10 months, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
- 1900 United States Federal Census
Roll: 1460; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 0351; FHL microfilm: 1241460
East Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia War 18, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, 4 Jun 1900
Sackett, John H, head, b. Jul 1878, 21, married, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, silversmith, home owned free of mortgage
Sackett, Mary V, wife, b. Feb 1878, 22, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Calvin B, son, b. Nov 1899, 6/12, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Mary A, gmother, b. Mar 1829, 80, wid, b. PA, father b. Germany, mother b. PA.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
Roll: T624_1320; Page: 12A; Enumeration District: 0031; FHL microfilm: 1375333
Ferry Road, New Britain, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, 13 May 1910
Sackett, John, head, 31, m. 11y, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, salesman, watches, home owned free of mortgage
Sackett, Mary, wife, 31, m. 11y, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Calvin, son, 10, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Delores, dau, 8, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Abigail, dau, 3, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
[Next door but one to William P Sackett]
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (FamilySearch image), New York, Manhattan. Draft Division#135 Roll#1766383.
"Serial#3637 Order#A3478, John Hubbert Sackett, Address: 601 W 127 St NY, Age: 40, b. 23 Jul 1878, married, white, native born, insurance salesman at London Guarantee Accident, nearest relative: wife Kate V Sackett at 601 W 127 St NY, Registrant: Tall Ht, Slender Build, eyes light blue, hair light brown, no disabilities, Reg: 12 Sep 1918 at NYC."
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll: T625_1143; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 455
East 209 Street, The Bronx, New York City, 7/8 Jan 1920
Sackett, Jay H, head, home rented, 41, wid, b. PA, father b. NY, mother b. NY, jeweler, store, worker
Sackett, Calvin, son, 20, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, salesman, wholesale
Sackett, Dolores, dau, 17, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Abigail, dau, 12, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942" (Ancestry image), "Serial no. U805, John Hubbert Sackett, 94-17 218 St, Queens Village, Queens County, NY, age 63, b. Philadelphia, Penn, 23 Jul 1879, contact Margaret McLean Sackett, wife, same address, employer none, race white, ht 5' 9", wt 140, eyes blue, hair blonde, complexion light, no marks. Reg Queens Village, NY, 25 Apr 1942."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||20 Apr 2020|