Paul Lawrence Sackett
|Father||James Arthur Sackett (1884-1968)|
|Mother||Zoa Belle Wolff (1896-1977)|
In 1930 Paul was living at Manum Road, Madison, Lenawee County, MichiganG, in the household of his mother Zoa, and was recorded in the census as Paul L Sackett, aged five and born in Michigan.11
In 1940 he was living at Moscow Road, Moscow, Hillsdale County, MichiganG, in the household of his mother Zoa and stepfather Joseph Johns, and was recorded as Paul Sackett, aged 14.12
Paul completed a World War II draft registration card on 1 June 1943. He was aged 18 and was living in ColdwaterG. Next of kin was his mother, now Mrs Joseph Johns.13
Paul served in the US Army from 1 November 1945 to 22 November 1946.4
(Src: Find a Grave, Vernon Goodrich)
(Src: Find a Grave, Vernon Goodrich)
Children of Paul Lawrence Sackett and Louisa Mae Proctor
- Roland James Sackett b. 3 Aug 1947, d. 23 Dec 1947
Louisa Mae Proctor Pritzkau passed over to our Heavenly Father on July 8, 2008.
Born February 26th, 1929 to Roland and Louise (Peacock) Proctor. She was the eldest of seven. She married Clifton E. Pritzkau on October 7, 1955. They have five children, twelve grandchildren and fourteen great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. She loved spending time with her family. She had a very caring heart. She was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She was a member of the Eagles Ladies Auxiliary. She was an avid crocheter and loved to embroider. She was always looking for new crafts and patterns to make for Christmas. Most of all her gifts were handmade. She also enjoyed all the different activities she and Clifton did with their children and horses. Her favorite was Christmas caroling, hay rides, and the Fourth of July parade.
Survived by her loving husband, Clifton E. Pritzkau. Children, Kayleene (Russ) Driggs of Salt Lake City, UT; John Pritzkau of Battle Mtn., NV; Marie Peasnall of Battle Mtn, NV; and Milo (Tiffany) Pritzkau of Erda, UT. Twelve grandchildren and fourteen great-grandchildren. Brother, Edwin (Judy) Proctor, sister, Carolyn Proctor. Preceded in death by her parents, one son, four sisters, and two grandsons.
Funeral Services will be held on Tuesday, July 15th at 11 a.m. at the Tooele 19th LDS Ward Chapel, 1030 South 900 West. A Viewing will be held on Monday, July 14th from 6-8 p.m. at Tate Mortuary, 110 South Main Street, Tooele and from 9:30-10:30 prior to the Funeral at the Church on Tuesday.
Interment will be in the Tooele City Cemetery.
—Deseret News, Utah, 13 Jul 2008
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Paul Lawrence, b. Tecumheh Lan, Michigan, 1 Jun 1925, d. 1 Jun 2007, father James Sackett, mother Zoa B Wolf. Feb 1948 listed as Paul Lawrence Sackett; 05 Jun 2007 listed as Paul L Sackett."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Paul L Sackett, b. Jun 1, 1925, d. Jun 1, 2007, SSN 529-36-4489 issued UT, residence Jonesville, Michigan, 49250, county Hillsdale."
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Paul L, b. 1 Jun 1925, d. 1 Jun 2007, branch ARMY, enlisted 1 Nov 1945, discharged 22 Nov 1946."
- Find a Grave.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952" (Ancestry image), "22 Feb 1946, North Adams, Hillsdale, Michigan, Paul L Sackett, 20, of Jerome, Michigan, b. Michigan, soldier, US Army, father James Sackett, mother Zoa Wolff; to Betty Jane Gallop, 18, of Coldwater, Mich, b. Mich, father George Gallop, mother Clara Harmon. Both 1st m. Witnesses: William E Sackett, Carrie Eileen Sackett, both of Jonesville, Mich. By Rev Fred Seewer, Minister."
- Marriage record.
- "Indiana, Marriages, 1810–2001" (Ancestry transcript), "24 Feb 1950, in Indiana, Betty Gallop, 23, of Coldwater, Michigan, b. Coldwater, 17 Sep 1927, father George Gallop, mother Clara Harmon; and Max Halferty, 32, b. LaGrange, Indiana, 30 Jul 1918, father Brady Halferty, mother Flossie Baird."
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952" (Ancestry transcript), "26 Jul 1952, Jonesville, Hillsdale, Michigan, Paul L Sackett, 27, of North Adams, Michigan, b. Tocumseh, Michigan, father James Sackett, mother Zoa Wolfe; to Katherine C Badders, 28, of Jonesville, b. Jonesville, father Alvie Badders, mother Vera Blair."
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Page 2A, Enumeration District 0031, FHL microfilm 2340742
Manum Road, Madison, Lenawee County, Michigan
Sackett, Zoa, head, 34, m. at 17, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI, home rented, $15
Sackett, Ella M, daughter, 16, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Charles O, son, 13, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Carrie E, daughter, 12, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, William E, son, 10, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Mary A, daughter, 8, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Paul L, son, 5, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Hazel M, daughter, 3 3/12, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Lillian M, daughter, 1 3/12, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI.
- 1940 United States Federal Census
Roll m-t0627-01755, p 5B, ED 30-19
Moscow Road, Moscow, Hillsdale County, Michigan
Johns, Joseph E, head, 28, laborer, farming, b. MI, home rented, $2
Johns, Zoa B, wife, 44, b. MI
Sackett, Paul, stepson, 14, b. MI
Sackett, Hazel, stepdaughter, 13, b. MI
Sacket, Lillian, stepdaughter, 11, b. MI
Johns, Roy, son, 7, b. MI
Johns, Minion, son, 5, b. MI.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947" (Ancestry image), "Paul Lawrence Sackett, Coldwater, Branch, Michigan, age 18, b. Lenawee, Michigan, 1 Jun 1925, nok Mrs Joe Johns, emp Coal? Co, Coldwater, race white, ht 5 5, eyes blue, wt 104, hair blonde, complexion ruddy. Reg Coldwater, Branch, Michigan, 1 Jun 1943."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||21 Jun 2023|