Ward Eugene Sackett
|Father||Thomas Leroy Sackett (1847-1929)|
|Mother||Amanda Piper (c 1854-)|
In 1880 Ward was living in Seward, NebraskaG, in the household of his parents Thomas and Amanda, and was recorded in the census as Ward Sackett, aged three and born in Iowa.8
In 1900 he was living in Havelock, Lancaster County, NebraskaG, and was recorded as Ward Sackett, a boilermaker apprentice, single, aged 23 and born in Iowa. He was a roomer in the household of Charles Mulford.9
In 1910 he was living at Lincoln Avenue, Ogden City, Weber County, UtahG, and was recorded as W E Sackett, a railroad boilermaker, head of household, aged 35 and born in Iowa. Living with him were his wife Clara, 27, their son Paul, aged four, and Clara's widowed mother Minnie, 70.10
Ward completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 41, a boiler maker at the Union Pacific Railroad, and was living at 2636 West 33rd Avenue, Denver, ColoradoG, with his second wife Louise.11
In 1920 he was living at West 33rd Avenue, Denver, ColoradoG, and was recorded as Ward Sackett, a railroad boiler maker, head of household, married, aged 41 and born in Iowa. Living with him were his wife Louise, 39, his son, Paul, 13, and Louise's son Floyd, aged eight.12
In 1930 he was living at Sheridan Boulevard, Columbia Heights, Jefferson County, ColoradoG, and was recorded as Ward E Sackett, a railroad boiler mechanic, head of household, aged 51 and born in Iowa. He owned his home. Living with him were his wife Louise, 46, his son, Paul, 24, and Louise's son Floyd, 18.13
Child of Ward Eugene Sackett and Clara Minnie Seiffert
- Paul Clifford Sackett b. 29 Mar 1906, d. Dec 1984
Child of Ward Eugene Sackett and Louise U (___) Barker
- Floyd Sackett b. c 1911
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- WW1 draft.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Ward Sackett, b. May 21, 1877, d. Feb, 1967, SSN 707-07-7526 issued, residence Denver, Colorado, 80215, county Jefferson."
- "Utah, County Marriages, 1887–1937", database, Ancestry.com, "24 Feb 1904, Ogden, Weber, Utah, Ward E Sackett, 26, & Clara M Seiffert, 21."
- Website BillionGraves (http://billiongraves.com), "Clara Minnie Sackett / Aug 21, 1882 / Mar 4, 1914."
- "Colorado Statewide Marriage Index, 1853–2006", digital image, FamilySearch, "18 Dec 1917, at Denver, Denver County, Ward E Sackett, & Louise Barker, by W H W Boyle, Min."
- 1880 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, NA T9-0756/441B (TEK)
Precinct G, Seward, Nebraska
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 32, b. IN, farmer, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Amanda Sackett, wife, 26, b. IN, keeps house, father b. VA, mother b. VA
Orfa Sackett, dau, 8, b. IA, at school, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Bertha Sackett, dau, 6, b. IA, at school, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Ward Sackett, son, 3, b. IA, at home, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Charles Sackett, brother, single, 25, b. IA, farmer, father b. OH, mother b. OH.
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 932, p. 7A, Enumeration District 0040, FHL microfilm 1240932
Havelock City, Lancaster, Nebraska
Sackett, Ward, roomer, b. May 1877, 23, single, b. IA, father b. IN, mother b. IN, boilermaker app.
[in household of Charles Mulford]
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T624_1611, p. 4A, Enumeration District 0224, FHL microfilm 1375624
Lincoln Ave, Ogden City, Weber County, Utah, 20 Apr 1910
Sackett, W E, head, 35, m1. 7y, b. IA, father b. US, mother b. US, boilermaker, railroad
Sackett, Clara, wife, 27, m1. 7y, 1 ch, living, b. SD, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany
Sackett, Paul, son, 4, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. SD
Leiffert? [indistinct], Minnie, mother-in-law, 70, wid, 10 ch, 4 living, b. Germany, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Sackett, Ward Eugene. Colorado, Denver. Roll 1544475; Draft Board 1.
"Ward Eugene Sackett, 2636 W 33rd Ave, Denver, Colo, age 41, b. 21 May 1877, White, Natural Born Citizen, Boiler Maker, Union Pacific RR, Denver, Colo, nok Louise Sackett, 2636 W 33rd Ave, Denver, Colo. Height: Medium, Build: Stout, Color of Eyes: Gray, Color of Hair: Brown. Registration: Denver, Colorado, September 12, 1918."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T625_159, p. 9B, Enumeration District 115, Image 916
West 33rd Ave, Denver City, Denver County, Colorado, 8/9 Jan 1920
Sackett, Ward, head, 41, married, b. IA, father b. IN, mother b. IN, boiler maker, railroad shop
Sackett, Louise, wife, 39, b. IL, father b. Sweden, mother b. Sweden
Sackett, Paul, son, 13, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. IL
Sackett, Floyd, son, 8, b. ID, father b. MO, mother b. IL.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 243, p. 1A, Enumeration District 0042, Image 1094.0, FHL microfilm 2339978
Sheridan Bvld, Columbia Heights, Jefferson County, Colorado, 2 Apr 1930
Sackett, Ward E, head, home owned, value $6,000, 51, m. at 24, b. IA, father b. IA, mother b. IA, boiler mechanic, steam railroad
Sackett, Louise U, wife, 46, m. at 20, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. IL
Sackett, Paul, son, 24, single, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. IL
Sackett, Floyd, stepson, 18, single, b. OR, father b. MO, mother b. IL.
|Last Edited||9 February 2015|