|Father||Mark Sackett (c 1791-after 1850)|
|Mother||Sarah "Sally" Heald (c 1803-)|
In 1850 Mark was living in Dorset, Ashtabula CountyG, in the household of his parents Mark and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Mark Sackett, aged eight and born in Ohio.9
Mark served in the Union Army during the American Civil War. He enlisted on 14 April 1861, was discharged on 21 July 1861, credited with 3 months 8 days service, re-enlisted on 26 August 1861 in the 83rd Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry, serving for 2 years 4 months until discharged on 26 October 1863. He fought in 14 battles and sustained gunshot wounds to his right leg and arm.10
Mark was listed in the 1890 veterans' census. He was then living at 85 Rhodes Avenue, ClevelandG.10
In 1900 he was living in ClevelandG and was recorded as Mark Sackett, a machine agent, head of household, aged 56. He rented his home. Living with him were his second wife, Mamie, 32, his children, James, 18, and Mary, 17, by his first marriage, and Mark and Mamie's children, Shirley, 10, and Clara Emma, aged eight.11
In 1910 he was living at Train Avenue, ClevelandG, and was recorded as Mark Sackett, head of household, aged 67. Living with him were his second wife Mamie, 42, his unmarried daughter, Mary, 26, by his first marriage, and Mark and Mamie's daughters, Shirley, 20, and Emma, aged 18.12
Mamie was listed as Mark's widow in the 1917 Cleveland City Directory, living at 2901 Riverside Avenue, ClevelandG. She moved to Auburn Avenue by 1921 and to Horton Road in 1922.13
Children of Mark Sackett and Jennie Remington
Children of Mark Sackett and Mamie Rogers
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Death record.
- "Ohio Deaths, 1908–1953" (FamilySearch image), film 1984010, image 2338, certificate 25059, "Mark Sackett, 74 years 9 months 8 days, b. Ohio, 19 Jul 1842, janitor, d. 2901 Riverside Ave., Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, 27 Apr 1917, bur. Monroe, 30 Apr 1917, father Mark Sackett, mother Sarah Hell[?], informant S C Sackett, 2901 Riverside Ave."
- Find a Grave.
- "United States Marriages" (Findmypast image), "10 Apr 1865, at Jefferson, Ashtabula, Ohio, Mark Sackett and Jennie Remington. By Thos Olin..., Minister of the Gospel."
- "Ohio Deaths and Burials, 1854–1997" (FamilySearch transcript), "Jennie Sackett, 39, b. Vt., married, housekeeper, d. Geneva, Ashtabula, Ohio, 19 Nov 1885. LDS database citing film 890260."
- "Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Marriage Records, 1810–1973" (Ancestry image), "18 Jun 1888, at Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Mark Sacket and Mamie Rogers. By S L Daisie. License 16 Jun 1888."
- 1850 United States Federal Census
Roll M432_659, p. 494
Dorset, Ashtabula, Ohio, 7 Oct 1850
Sackett, Mark, 59, m, farmer, b. MA
Sackett, Sarah C., 47, f, b. NY
Sackett, David, 14, m, b. OH
Sackett, Jael, 12, f, b. OH
Sackett, Betsey M.,10, f, b. OH
Sackett, Mark, 8, m, b. OH
Sackett, Joseph, 4, m, b. OH.
- "1890 Veterans Schedules" (Ancestry image), Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Mark Sackett, Private, H Company, O P V I?, enlisted 14 Apl 1861, discharged 21 July 1861, service 3m 8d
Mark Sackett, Private, K Company, 83 P V I?, enlisted 26 Aug 1861, discharged 26 Oct 1863, service 2y 4m, PO address 85 Rhodes Av, disability: shot through right leg and arm; remarks: 14 battles.
- 1900 United States Federal Census
Roll: 1260; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 0198; FHL microfilm: 1241260
Cleveland Cuyahoga County, Ohio, 2 Jun 1900
Sackett, Mark, head, b. Jul 1843, 56, m. 12y, b. OH, father b. MA, mother b. MA, machine agent, home rented
Sackett, Mamie, wife, b. Nov 1867, 32, m. 12y, 4 ch, 2 living, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Alvert, James [sic: James Albert Sackett], son, b. Nov 1881, 18, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, machinist
Sacket, Mary, dau, b. May 1883, 17, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, housemaid
Sacket, Shirley M, dau, b. Sep 1889, 10, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, at school
Sacket, Clara E, dau, b. Jul 1891, 8, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, at school.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
Roll: T624_1166; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 0073; FHL microfilm: 1375179
Train Avenue, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, 16 Apr 1910
Sackett, Mark, head, 67, m2. 22y, b. OH, father b. MA, mother b. NY, occ. none
Sackett, Mamy, wife, 42, m1. 22y, 4 ch, 2 living, b. OH, father b. PA, mother b. OH
Sackett, Mary, dau, 26, single, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. VT, tailoress, clothing company
Sackett, Shirley, dau, 20, single, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. VT [sic], tailoress, clothing company
Sackett, Emma, dau, 18, single, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, tailoress, clothing company.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image), Cleveland City Directory, 1917, "Sackett Mamie widow Mark r 2901 Riverside av"; 1921, "Sackett Mamie (wid Mark) h1409 Auburn av"; 1922, "Sackett Mamie (wid Mark) b4735 Horton rd G H."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||6 Aug 2023|