Joseph Larue Sackett1
|Father||Jacob R Sackett (c 1823-1876)|
|Mother||Ann Eliza Brittin (c 1821-1873)|
In 1850 Joseph was living in Byberry, Philadelphia CountyG, in the household of his parents Jacob and Ann, and was recorded in the census as Joseph Larue Sackett, aged two and born in Pennsylvania.6
In 1860 he was living in PhiladelphiaG in the household of his parents Jacob and Annie, and was recorded as Joseph Sacket, aged 13.7
In 1870 he was living in PhiladelphiaG in the household of his parents Jacob and Anna, and was recorded as Joseph L Sacket, aged 23.8
In 1880 he was living in PhiladelphiaG and was recorded as Joseph Sackett, a tavern keeper, head of household, married, aged 32 and born in Pennsylvania. Living with him were his wife Mary, 29, and children, Joseph, 6, Mary, 4, and Jacob, aged eleven months.9
Children of Joseph Larue Sackett and Mary ___
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Thurmon King's database.
- "Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708–1985", Burials Registers (Ancestry image), "14 Jul 1883, St Mark's Episcopal Church, Philadelphia, Joseph Sackett, 36, d. Frankford, 12 Jul 1883, bur. Cedar Hill Cemetery."
- "Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708–1985", Burials Registers (Ancestry image), "14 Jul 1883, North Cedar Hill Cemetery, Philadelphia, Joseph L Sackett, 36, d. 12 July, saloon keeper, married, native of Somerton, 28th Ward, res. 25th Ward, Phila, consumption, section I, no. 316, April 21, 1907 removed to lot 221, sec. 2."
- 1850 United States Federal Census
Roll M432_824, p. 119, image 240
Bybury, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sackett, Jacob R, 27, m, tavern keeper, b. PA
Sackett, Ann Eliza, 29, f, b. PA
Sackett, Sarah Jane, 7, f, b. PA
Sackett, Francinella, 5, f, b. PA
Sackett, Joseph Larue, 2, m, b. PA
Sackett, Winfield Scott, 7 mo, m, b. PA.
- 1860 United States Federal Census
Roll: M653_1174; Page: 1043; Family History Library Film: 805174
Philadelphia 23rd Ward, Pennsylvania, 12 Jul 1860
Sacket, Jacob R, 37, hotel keeper, personal estate $1,000, b. PA
Sacket, Annie E, 39, b. PA
Sacket, Sarah J, 17, b. PA
Sacket, Fraxanilla, 15, b. PA
Sacket, Joseph, 13, b. PA
Sacket, Winfield S, 10, b. PA
Sacket, La Fayette, 7, b. PA
Sacket, Annie, 2, b. PA
Lewis, George, 30, bartender, b. PA
Welsh, George, 48, cabinet maker, b. PA.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
Roll: M593_1438; Page: 601A; Family History Library Film: 552937
Philadelphia 23rd Ward, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, 16 Nov 1870
Sacket, Jacob R, 47 [other columns blank]
Sacket, Anna E, 47
Sacket, Joseph L, 23
Sacket, Lafayette, 20
Sacket, Annie, 12
[+ 7 other names].
- 1880 United States Federal Census
FHL 1255182 NA T9-1182/214D (TEK)
23rd Ward, District 17, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Joseph Sackett, head, married, 32, b. PA, keeping tavern, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Mary Sackett, wife, 29, b. England, keeping house, father b. England, mother b. England
Joseph Sackett, son, 6, b. PA, at school, father b. PA, mother b. England
Mary Sackett, dau, 4, b. PA, at school, father b. PA, mother b. England
Jacob Sackett, son, 11 months, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. England.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||12 May 2018|