Alma Vernon Sackett
|Father||Edward William Sackett (1867-1942)|
|Mother||Edith Amelia Powell (1874-1914)|
In 1910 Alma was living in TuckerG in the household of his parents Edward and Edith, and was recorded in the census as Alma V Sackett, aged three and born in Utah.9
In 1920 he was living in Clinton, Utah CountyG, in the household of his father Edward and stepmother Bertha, and was recorded as Elmer Vernis Sackett, aged 13 and born in Utah.10
In 1930 he was living in Manzano National Forest, Valencia County, New MexicoG, and was recorded as Elma Sackett, a log cutter in a lumber camp, head of household, aged 23. Living with him were his wife Ouyed, 18, and his brother Clifford, 21.11
Alma completed a World War II draft registration card in 1940. He was then aged 34, employed by the US Government Soil Conservation Service, and was living in Morgan, UtahG.12
Child of Alma Vernon Sackett and Ouyeda Wasson
- Velma Clara Sackett b. 14 May 1931, d. 2 May 2000
Notes & Citations
- "Utah, Birth Certificates, 1903–1911" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Alma Vernon, b. Randlett, Uintah County, Utah, 12 Dec 1906, father Edward S Sackett age 45 farmer of Randlett b. Minnesota, mother Mildred Powell age 39 8th child housewife of Randlett b. Spanish Fork Utah."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Alma Sackett, b. Dec 12, 1906, d. Dec, 1985, SSN 529-12-1123 issued UT, residence Layton, Utah, 84041, county Davis."
- Find a Grave.
- "Bernalillo County, New Mexico, Marriage Index, 1888–2017" (Ancestry transcript), "27 Jan 1930, Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, NM, Alma V Sackett, and Ouyeda Wasson b. Albuquerque."
- Ouyeda's parents' names from 1920 census.
- 1920 and 1930 censuses have b. Arkansas. Ancestry transcript of marriage record stating b. Albuquerque is probably in error.
- "Utah, County Marriages, 1887–1937" (Ancestry transcript), "23 Jul 1935, Wasatch, Utah, Alma Vernon Sackett, 28, and Rachel Hansen, 17."
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_1609, p. 15A, Enumeration District 0187, FHL microfilm 1375622
Tucker, Utah County, Utah
Sackett, Edward W, head, 41, m. 16y, b. MN, father b. US, mother b. US, [occ. blank]
Sackett, Edith A, wife, 35, m. 16y, 9 ch, 7 living, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. England
Sackett, Joseph E, son, 15, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Ly C, dau, 11, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Hannah V, dau, 9, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Lillian, dau, 7, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Clara, dau, 5, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Alma V, son, 3, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Clifford P, son, 1 1/12, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT.
- 1920 United States census
Roll T625_1868, p. 1B, Enumeration District 194, image 396
Clinton Township, Utah County, Utah
Sackett, Edd, head, 52, married, home owned free of mortgage, b. MN, father b. Mn, mother b. MN, farmer, own account
Sackett, Bertha, wife, 29, b. UT, father b. England, mother b. UT
Sackett, Hanna, dau, 19, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Lillian Edith, dau, 17, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Elmer Vernis, son, 13, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Clifford P, son, 11, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT
Sackett, Joseph Edward, son, 25, single, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT, fireman, D&RERR, worker.
- 1930 United States census
Page: 10A; Enumeration District: 0021; FHL microfilm: 2341135
Manzano National Forest, Precinct 17, Valencia County, New Mexico, 21 Apr 1930
Sackett, Elma, head, home rented, 23, m. at 23, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT, log cutter, lumber camp
Sackett, Ouyed, wife, 18, m. at 18, b. AR, father b. MO, mother b. AR
Sackett, Clifford, brother, 21, single, b. UT, father b. MN, mother b. UT, laborer, odd jobs.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947" (Ancestry transcript), "Alma Vernon Sackett, Morgan, Morgan County, Utah, age 34, b. Randlett, Utah, 12 Dec 1906, emp. US Govt Soil Conservation Service, wt 155, complexion light brown, eyes gray, hair brown, ht 5' 11", nok Martha [sic] Knudsen. Reg 1940."
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Nathaniel Sackett|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Apr 2019|