|Father||Zebulon Sacket (1737-1777)|
|Mother||Lucy Root (-after 1794)|
Widow Lucy Mudge was listed in the 1820 census as a householder in BroadalbinG.4
In 1850 Lucy was living in Schenectady, Albany County, New York StateG, in the household of her son Frederick, and was recorded in the census as Lucy Mudge, aged 75.5
Children of Lucy Sacket and Captain Amos Mudge
Notes & Citations
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Sheffield, "Sacket, Lucy, dau of Zebulon & wife Lucy, born 29 Mar 1775."
- Alfred Mudge, Memorials: being a Genealogical ... Account of the name of Mudge in America, published by the author, Boston (1868), digital image, Internet Archive (https://archive.org), 97-8, "He [Capt. Amos Mudge] m. Lucy Sackett, May 9, 1795. She was dau. of Widow Lucy Sackett, who m. her father. She was b. in New Lebanon, March 29, 1775; d. in Schenectady, at the residence of her son Frederick R., May 29, 1851, aged 76 y. 2 m. Children: 1. A Child, b. 1796; d. unnamed. 2. A Child, b. 1797, d. in infancy. 3. Frederick Root, b. May 30, 1798; now living in Schenectady, unmarried; is a mason by trade. 4. Sarah Sackett, b. Apr. 14, 1800; now living in Schenectady, unmarried. 5. Julia Ann, b. Nov. 7, 1803; m. George Barnard, Feb. 22, 1832; now living in Rome, N.Y., and have two children: 1 George, 2 Julia Ann. 6. Philander Sackett, b. Dec. 17, 1808; m. Mary Bowers."
- The Treat Family: A genealogy of Trott, Tratt, and Treat, digital image, Ancestry.com, 44, "Amos [s. of Jarvis Mudge and Prudence Treat], b. Oct. 12, 1770; d. June 26, 1816, in Broadalbin, Fulton Co., N.Y.; m. May 9, 1795, Lucy Sackett, b. March 29, 1775, in New Lebanon, N.Y., d. May 29, 1851, in Schenectady, N.Y. Was a mason by trade, and a soldier in the war of 1812. Was a captain in a company of minute men. Had six children."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Widow Lucy Mudge, Broadalbin, Montgomery, New York."
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 594, p 168b
Schenectady Ward 4, Schenectady, New York, 24 Sep 1850
Mudge, Frederick, 50, mason, b. NY
Mudge, Sarah, 40, b. NY
Mudge, Lucy, 75, b. NY
Cunningham, Margaret, 17, b. NY.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 19506|
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||31 Dec 2021|