Irving Dewitt Sackett
|Father||Burt Alonzo Sackett (1866-1944)|
|Mother||Jennie Collins (1867-1903)|
In 1910 Irving was living at Rochester Street, Bergen, Genesee County, New York StateG, in the household of his father Burt and stepmother Mary, and was recorded in the census as Irving D Sackett, aged 15 and born in New York.6
Irving completed a World War I draft registration card on 5 June 1917. He was then aged 22 and was a streetcar conductor for the Portland Railway, Light and Power Company. He was living at 425 North 23rd Street, PortlandG, and was single, with no dependents.7 He served from 21 June 1918 to 3 April 1919 as a private in the United States Marine Corps.4
In 1930 Irving was living at 36 South 2nd Street, Indiana Borough, Indiana County, PennsylvaniaG, and was recorded in the census as Irving Sackett, a salesman of funeral supplies, head of household, married, aged 35 and born in New York. He was a World War veteran. He owned his house which was valued at $4,000. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth, 32, and their children, Betty Jane, 7, and Irving Jr, aged four years and nine months.8
He completed a World War II draft registration card in 1942. He was then aged 47 and was employed by the Erie Burial Case Company. He was living at 1056 West 25 Street, Erie, PennsylvaniaG, with his wife Elizabeth.9
Children of Irving Dewitt Sackett and Elizabeth Peters
Notes & Citations
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Irving Sackett, b. Feb 14, 1895, d. Feb, 1974, SSN 300-01-3714 issued OH, residence Girard, Pennsylvania, 16417, county Erie."
- Thurmon King's database, 11815 Irving D Sackett.
- "Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Erie County. Sackett, Irving D Sr, b. 2-14-95, d. 2-23-74, veteran of WWI, Marine Corps, service 6-21-18 to 4-3-19, USMC, Pvt, cemetery Girard, section NW¼, lot 698, family headstone, info Erie Morning News & Mulligan, remarks Mrs Elizabeth Sackett, 312 Wilcox St, Tirard, Pa."
- Andrew P Sackett, Ancestors and Descendants of Frederick Plummer Sackett, published by the author (1983), 89.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, T624_951, p. 10A, FHL 1374964
Rochester St, Bergen Township, Genesee County, New York
Sackett, Burt A, head, 41, m(2) 5y,b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. Eng, inspector of crops, canning factory, home owned free of mortgage
Sackett, Mary E, wife, 26, m(2) 5y, 2 ch, both living, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Irving D, son, 15, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Dewey, son, 13, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Burton, son, 3/12, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Vincent, Charles E, stepson, 9, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, Ancestry.com, Oregon, Multnomah, Roll 1852138, Draft Board 1
"No 1603, Irving Dewitt Sackett, age 22, of 425 N 23rd, Portland, b. 14 Feb 1895, natural born cit., b. Bergen, NY, st car conductor PRL and P Co, no dependents, single, Caucasian, no military service, medium ht, slender build, blue eyes, light hair, not bald, no disabilities. Reg Portland, Oregon, 5 Jun 1917."
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 2046, p. 25A, FHL 2341780
36 South 2nd Street, Indiana Borough, Indiana County, Pennsylvania
Sackett, Irving, head, house owned $4,000, 35, married, m. at 27, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, salesman, funeral supplies, WW veteran
Sackett, Elizabeth, wife, 32, m. at 24, b. PA, father b. Eng, mother b. Eng
Sackett, Betty Jane, dau, 7, b. PA, father b. NY, mother b. PA
Sackett, Irving Jr, son, 4 9/12, b. PA, father b. NY, mother b. PA.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942", digital image, Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, series M1951, roll 272
"Serial no. U2098, Irving De Witt Sackett, 1056 West 25 St, Erie, Erie, Pa, age 47, b. Bergen, NY, 14 Feb 1895, nok Elizabeth Sackett (wife), 1056 West 25 St, employer Erie Burial Case Co of East 9 & Pennsylvania Ave, Erie, race white, ht 5' 10½", wt 180, eyes brown, hair gray, complexion light brown, scar on right leg."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Aaron Sackett|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||15 Apr 2020|