Henry William Sackett
|Father||James William Sackett (1868-1901)|
|Mother||Louisa Mary Ann Edwards (c 1873-1934)|
In 1901 Henry was living at 40 Creekmouth, St Margaret's, Dagenham, EssexG, in the household of his widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded in the census as William H Sackett, aged five and born in Barking.6
Henry served as a private in the Wiltshire Regiment during the First World War. He was killed in action in Iraq.7,8
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1895. Sackett, Henry William. Mother: Edwards. Romford. 4a:443."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales.
- Baptisms Register, Barking, Essex (England Births and Christenings, LDS FamilySearch), "25 Oct 1895, William Henry Sackett, son of James William Sackett & Louisa Mary Ann."
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (www.greatwar.nl), "Sackett, Henry William, Private, service no. 11791, d. 25/01/1917, aged 22, 5th Bn., Wiltshire Regiment, United Kingdom, grave/memorial ref. XVII. B. 5., Amara War Cemetery, son of Mrs. L. M. A. Sackett, of 40, Creek's Mouth, Barking, Essex. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead."
- GRO Indexes to War Deaths, 1914-1921 (National Archives), "1917. Sackett, pte Henry W, no. 11791, unit: Wilts."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 1653/36&36v
40 Creekmouth, St Margarets, Barking (5+ rooms)
Louisa M A Sackett, head, widow, 28, b. Custom House, Essex
James R Sackett, son, 7, b. Dagenham, Essex
William H Sackett, son, 5, b. Barking, Essex
Lily A Sackett, dau, 4, b. Barking
Louisa M A Sackett, dau, 2, b. Barking.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Henry W, Private, Wiltshire Regiment, service no. 11791, Victory Medal, British Medal, 1915 Star, Theatre of War Balkans 12 Jul 1915. WO372/17."
|Last Edited||29 June 2020|