Elizabeth Mary Sackett
|Father||William Sackett (c 1840-1886)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Greenwood (c 1839-1933)|
In 1881 Elizabeth was living at 7 Kramer Mews, London, MiddlesexG, in the household of her parents William and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Lizzie Sackett, aged six and born in Kensington.7
In 1891 she was living at 64 Barons Court Road, Fulham, LondonG, in the household of Brereton Dodd, a local government inspector, and was recorded as Elizabeth Sackett, general servant, single, aged 16 and born in West Brompton, London.8
In 1901 she was living at 41 Bayonne Road, FulhamG, in the household of her husband John Curl, 29, a coal porter, and was recorded as Mary E Curl, aged 25 and born in Fulham. Living with them were their children, John, 7, and William, aged one.9
In 1911 she was living at 61 Chelmsford Street, FulhamG, in the household of her husband John, 40, a coal porter, and was recorded as Mary Curl, a laundress, aged 37. Living with them were their children, John, 17, William, 11, Elizabeth, 8, and Frederick, aged four.10
In 1921 she was living at 61 Chelmsford Street, FulhamG, and was recorded as Mary E Curl, a school cleaner, head of household, a widow, aged 45. Living with her were her children,
Mary, 19, Frederick, 15, Florence, 10, and Dorothy, aged three.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Mary was living at 61 Chelmsford Street, FulhamG. She was a school cleaner, a widow, aged 63. Her son Frederick, 33, and daughter Mary, 37, were living with her.12
Elizabeth died intestate. Letters of administration of her estate were granted at the an unknown place on 10 June 1965 to Administration of Mary's estate was granted on 10 June 1965 to her daughter Dorothy Rust. Her estate was valued at £284.13
Children of Elizabeth Mary Sackett and John Curl
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1875. Sackett, Elizabeth Mary. Mother: Greenwood. Kensington. 1a:169."
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image).
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Jun qtr 1965. Curl, Mary E, 89. Kensington. 5c:714."
- Marriages Register, St Andrew, Fulham, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "25 December 1893, John Curl, 23, bachelor, coal porter, of 23 Chelmsford Street, father: Henry Curl (deceased), labourer; and Mary Elizabeth Sackett, 19, spinster, of 49 Chesson Road, father: William Sackett (deceased), greengrocer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: G Hall, L Newton."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1920. Curl, John, 50. Fulham. 01A:305."
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341011, PRO RG11/0049/108/11
7 Kramer Mews
William Sackett, head, married, 41, b. Ramsgate, Kent, provision dealer
Mary Sackett, wife, 43, b. Brighton, Sussex
John Sackett, son, 16, b. Ramsgate
Harry Sackett, son, 10, b. London, Middlesex
Lizzie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Kensington, Middlesex
George Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. W Brompton, Middlesex
George Barber, other, 21, b. Brighton, Sussex, ostler 8.1[?].
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 45, folio 152, p. 2, GSU roll 6095155
64 Barons Court Road, Fulham, London
Brereton Dodd, head, married, 73, local government bd inspector, b. London
Margaret Royston, servant, wid, 48, housekeeper, b. Durham, South Shields
Elizabeth Sackett, servant, single, 16, general servant, b. London, West Brompton.
- 1901 England census
RG13, piece 57, folio 66, p 7
41 Bayonne Rd, Fulham, London
Curl, John, head, 29, coal porter, b. Fulham
Curl, Mary E, wife, 25, b. Fulham
Curl, John, son, 7, b. Fulham
Curl, William, son, 1, b. Fulham.
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece 296
61 Chelmsford St, Fulham S W
Curl, John, 40, coal porter, b. Fulham
Curl, Mary, 37, m. 17y, 6 ch, 4 living, laundress, b. Fulham
Curl, John, 17, general printers, b. Fulham
Curl, William, 11, school, b. Fulham
Curl, Elizabeth, 8, school, b. Fulham
Curl, Frederick, 4, school, b. Fulham.
- 1921 England census
61 Chelmsford Street, Fulham, London, Middlesex
Mary E Curl, head, 45y 9m, widow, b. Kensington, London, school cleaner, L C Council St Dunstans Rd School, St Dunstans Road, School
Mary E Curl, daughter, 19y 2m, single, b. Fulham, factory hand, out of work
Fredrick Curl, son, 15y 0m, single, b. Fulham, grocers assistant, J Buckle Grocers, 17 High St, Kensington
Florence E Curl, daughter, 10y 2m, father dead, b. Fulham
Dorothy Curl, daughter, 3y 2m, father dead, b. Fulham.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), "Curl household, 61 Chelmsford Street, Fulham, London: RG101/0160F/007/42, Frederick Curl, b. 15 Jun 1906, single, Elec Railway Fitters Assistant; Mary E Curl, b. 27 Sep 1875, widow, school cleaner; Mary E Curl Jun [later Hunt], b. 11 Apr 1902, factory hand KLG."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "CURL Mary Elizabeth of 21 Chancellors Road London W6 died 3 May 1965 at St Mary Abbots Hospital London W8 Administration London 10 June to Dorothy Rust married woman. £284."
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||4 Sep 2023|