Sonora/Lenora "Nora" Sackett
|Father||Archibald Wilson Sackett (1822-1889)|
|Mother||Mahala T Burcham|
In 1860 Sonora/Lenora was living in Wright, Wayne County, IowaG, in the household of her parents Wilson and Mahala, and was recorded in the census as Senora Sacket, aged four and born in Illinois.7
In 1880 she was living in Butler, Bates County, MissouriG, in the household of her husband Thomas Harris, 27, a freight worker, and was recorded as Lenora Harris, aged 24. Living with them were their twin sons, Riley and Wiley, aged one.8
Harris.—Of consumption, near Godfrey, Kas., Thomas C. Harris, aged 33 years. Mr. Harris was a great sufferer for seven months. He was a kind father, an affectionate husband, and a good citizen. He died trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ as his only hope of eternal life. He leaves a wife and three children to mourn their loss. The funeral was at the house of A. W. Sackctt, and the remains interred in Evergreen cemetery.
—The Fort Scott Weekly Tribune, Fort Scott, Kansas, 14 Jan 1886, p 8
Harris—Near Godfrey, January 5, 1886, Thomas C. Harris, of consumption; aged thirty-three years. He was a great sufferer but died resigned and with a clear hope in Christ. He was a kind father, an affectionate husband, and a good citizen. He leaves a wife and three children to mourn their loss. The remains were interred in Evergreen cemetery. Funeral services by J. A. Richards, Fort Scott."
—Fort Scott Daily Monitor, Fort Scott, Kansas, 14 Jan 1886, p 4
Harris—Mrs. Senora Harris, of Walkerton, died last night. Deceased was a daughter of T. Sackett.
—Fort Scott Daily Tribune and Fort Scott Weekly Tribune, Fort Scott, Kansas, 14 Jul 1888.
Children of Sonora/Lenora "Nora" Sackett and Thomas Coleman Harris
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "6431. Sonora T. Sackett, b. Nov. 24, 1856; m. Thomas Harris."
- There is doubt about the name. The handwriting on the records is ambiguous, the clearest being "S L" but initials only on her marriage certificate. She is named as Nora on her son Riley's obituary.
- "Kansas, County Marriages, 1811–1911", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Fort Scott, Bourbon County, Kansas, 10 Feb 1878, T C Harris, 25, of Scott Tp, Bourbon County; to Miss S L Sackett, 20, of Drywood Tp, Bourbon Tp. By William Mosgrave, JP."
- Website Find a Grave.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_344; Page: 52; Family History Library Film: 803344
Wright, Wayne County, Iowa, 26 Jun 1860
Sacket, Wilson, 40, farmer, real estate $200, personal estate $100, b. IN [presume enumeration error for KY; "Ind" was dittoed from preceding entry]
Sacket, Mahalah, 30, b. IL
Sacket, James, 6, b. IL
Sacket, Senora, 4, b. IL
Sacket, William, 2, b. IL
Perigo, Wesley, 27, teamster, b. KY.
- 1880 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: 673; Family History Film: 1254673; Page: 195C; Enumeration District: 158 (CRS)
Butler, Bates County, Missouri, 5 Jun 1880
Harris, Thomas, head, 27, freighting, b. TN, father b. blank, mother b. TN
Harris, Lenora, wife, 24, keeping house, b. IL, father b. KY, mother b. IN
Harris, Riley, son, 1, twin, b. MO
Harris, Wiley, son, 1, twin, b. MO.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2868|
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||17 Mar 2021|