Thomas Francis Sackett
|Father||Francis Sackett (1795-1853)|
|Mother||Sarah Walker (c 1798-1863)|
In 1841 Thomas was living at Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, BermondseyG, in the household of his parents Francis and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Thomas Sackett, an apprentice shipwright, aged 21 and born in Surrey.11
In 1851 he was living at 7 West Lane, RotherhitheG, and was recorded as Thos. Sackett, head of household, a shipwright, married, aged 30, and born in Bermondsey. Living with him were his wife Charlotte, and children Thomas, 6, Sarah, 4, and Francis, aged 11 months.12
In 1861 he was living at 15 Pleasant Row, BermondseyG, and was recorded as Thomas F Sackett, a shipwright, head of household, married, aged 41, and born in Bermondsey. Living with him were his wife Charlotte, and their children, Sarah (14), Francis (10), Elizabeth (8), Mary (6), and Henry (4.)13
In 1881 he was living at 47 Benledi Street, London, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, head of household, married, a shipwright, aged 56, and born in Bermondsey, Surrey. Living with him were his wife Phillis, aged 45, his sons Henry aged 24 and Thomas aged 17, his daughter Phillis aged 4, his stepsons Joseph Moore and Henry Moore, stepgranddaughter Ann Moore aged 2, and Mary Hambrock, an unmarried boarder.14
In 1891 he was living at 2 Swanscombe Street, West Ham, EssexG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, a general labourer, head of household, married, aged 69 and born in Bermondsey. Living with him were his wife Phillis, 59, and their daughter Phillis, aged 14.15
Children of Thomas Francis Sackett and Charlotte Pritchard
Children of Thomas Francis Sackett and Phillis Elizabeth (Curry) Moore
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary the Virgin, Rotherhithe, Surrey, "25 August 1819 Thomas Francis Sackett (b. 30 July) s. Francis & Sarah, Mill Street, Bermondsey, shipwright."
- Baptisms Register, St Mary the Virgin, Rotherhithe, Surrey, "6 January 1828 Thomas Francis s. Francis & Sarah Sackett, [birth date illegible], Marigold Street, Bermondsey. Father's occupation: shipwright." [A Thomas Francis Sackett baptised by the same parents in 1819 appears on the 1841 census, aged 21. It is concluded, therefore, that the 1828 baptism was a re-baptism of the same child rather than a baptism of a second child of the same name following a death of the first child.]
- Marriages Register, St Thomas, Stepney, Middlesex, "8 April 1844 Thomas Sackett & Charlotte Pritchard."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1844. Sackett, Thomas. Stepney. 2:471."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1862. Sackett, Charlotte, 38. Rotherhithe. 1d:406."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1865. Sackett, Thomas Francis. Stepney. 1c:1026."
- Marriages Register, St Paul, Shadwell, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "4 September 1865, Thomas Francis Sackett, 40, widower, shipwright, of 4 Princes Place, father: Thomas Francis Sackett, shipwright; and Phillis Elizabeth Moore, 29, widow, of 4 Princes Place, father: Henry Curry, master mariner. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Samuel T James, Charlotte Stone."
- Birth date calculated from age in 1881 census.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1915. Sackett, Phyllis, 76. West Ham."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
Francis Sacket, 45, shipwright, b. Surrey
Sarah Sacket, 43, b. Surrey
Ann Sacket, 23, b. Surrey
Thos Sacket, 21, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Francis Sacket, 17, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Martha Sacket, 13, b. Surrey
Emily Sacket, 8, b. Surrey
Mary Ann Sacket, 5, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1048; Book: 3; Civil Parish: St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 33; Page: 19; Line: 24; GSU roll: 474649. [Also researched at PRO by Marion Sackett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 7 West Lane, Rotherhithe, Surrey
Thos. Sackett, head, married, 30, shipwright, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Charlotte Sackett, wife, 25, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Thos. Sackett, son, 6, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, dau, 4, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Francis Sackett, son, 11 months, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/319/f3
15 Pleasant Row, Bermondsey, Surrey
Thomas F Sackett, head, married, 41, shipwright, b. Bermondsey, Surrey
Charlotte Sackett, wife, 31, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey
Sarah Sackett, dau, 14, b. Bermondsey
Francis Sackett, son, 10, scholar, b. Rotherhithe
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 8, scholar, b. Bermondsey
Mary A Sackett, dau, 6, scholar, b. Rotherhithe
Henry Sackett, son, 4, scholar, b. Bermondsey.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341112, PRO RG11/0503/127/40
47 Benledi St
Thomas SACKETT, head, married, 56, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, shipwright
Phillis SACKETT, wife, 45, b. London, At Sea [Birthplace: London, At Sea]
Henry SACKETT, son, unmarried, 24, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, chemical works labourer(manuf chem)
Thomas SACKETT, son, unmarried, 17, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey, general labr
Phillis SACKETT, dau, 4, b. Poplar, Middlesex
Joseph MOORE, stepson, widower, 26, b. Finsbury, Middlesex, shipwright
Henry MOORE, stepson, unmarried, 19, b. Walworth, Surrey, painters labourer
Ann MOORE, gdau, 2, b. Poplar
Mary A. HAMBROCK, boarder, unmarried, 17, b. Poplar, shell worker (...).
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 1321, folio 41, p. 75, GSU roll 6096431
2 Swanscombe St, West Ham (Holy Trinity), Essex
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 69, general labourer, b. Bermondsey
Phillis Sackett, wife, 59, b. NK
Phillis Sackett, dau, 14, b. London, Poplar.
|Last Edited||29 Nov 2016|