Phyllis Elizabeth Sackett
|Father||Thomas Francis Sackett (1819-before 1901)|
|Mother||Phillis Elizabeth (Curry) Moore (c 1836-1915)|
In 1881 Phyllis was living at 47 Benledi Street, London, MiddlesexG, and was recorded in the census as Phillis Sackett, aged four and born in Poplar, Middlesex, the daughter of Thomas Sackett.6
Phyllis was admitted, aged six, to Oban Street School, Tower Hamlets, LondonG, on 7 May 1883. She left on 25 October 1884, was re-admitted on 12 January 1885, and left again on 21 July 1885. The family was living at 19 Oban Street.2
In 1891 Phyllis was living at 2 Swanscombe Street, West Ham, EssexG, in the household of her parents Thomas and Phillis, and was recorded in the census as Phillis Sackett, aged 14 and born in Poplar.7
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, record not found.
- "London, England, School Admissions and Discharges, 1840–1911" (Ancestry image), "Oban Street School, Tower Hamlets, adm no 227, 7 May 1883, Phillis Sackett, parents/guardian: Thomas & Phillis, of 19 Oban St, b. 2 Nov 1876, last sch: private, date of leaving: 25 Oct 1884, re-ad 12 Jan 1885, left 21 Jul 1885."
- "Essex Baptisms" (Findmypast transcript), Baptisms Register, Plaistow, St Mary the Virgin, Essex, "9 Nov 1890, Phyllis Sacket, b. 2 Nov 1875, father -, mother Phyllis Sacket, of 25 Star Lane." [Other records support birth date of 2 Nov 1876]
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1896. Sackett, Phyllis Eliz'th. W Ham. 1b:1376."
- Marriages Register, St Luke, Victoria Docks, West Ham, Essex (Essex Record Office, Chelmsford), "25 December 1896, John Richard Dye, 22?, bachelor, stevedore, of 26 Barch? Road, father John Dye, rigger, & Phyllis Elizabeth Sackett, 20, spinster, of 27 Barch? Road, father Thomas Francis Sackett, shipwright. Banns. Witnesses: James Webster, S Dye."
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341112, PRO RG11/0503/127/40
47 Benledi St
Thomas SACKETT, head, married, 56, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, shipwright
Phillis SACKETT, wife, 45, b. London, At Sea [Birthplace: London, At Sea]
Henry SACKETT, son, unmarried, 24, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, chemical works labourer(manuf chem)
Thomas SACKETT, son, unmarried, 17, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey, general labr
Phillis SACKETT, dau, 4, b. Poplar, Middlesex
Joseph MOORE, stepson, widower, 26, b. Finsbury, Middlesex, shipwright
Henry MOORE, stepson, unmarried, 19, b. Walworth, Surrey, painters labourer
Ann MOORE, gdau, 2, b. Poplar
Mary A. HAMBROCK, boarder, unmarried, 17, b. Poplar, shell worker (...).
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 1321, folio 41, p. 75, GSU roll 6096431
2 Swanscombe St, West Ham (Holy Trinity), Essex
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 69, general labourer, b. Bermondsey
Phillis Sackett, wife, 59, b. NK
Phillis Sackett, dau, 14, b. London, Poplar.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Sep 2023|