Harriett M Sackett
|Father||Hon William Augustus Sackett (1811-1895)|
|Mother||Charlotte Granville Buttrick (1822-1874)|
In 1860 Harriett was living at Coxsackie, Greene County, New York StateG, and was recorded in the census as Harriet M Sackett, aged five and born in New York. She was living with her mother Charlotte in the household of a Hastings family.3
In 1865 she was living in Kirkland, Oneida County, New York StateG, in the household of her mother Charlotte, and was recorded as Harriett M Sackett, aged ten and born in Seneca County.4
In 1870 she was living at Kirkland, Oneida County, New York StateG, in the household of her mother Charlotte, and was recorded as Harriet Sackett, at school, aged 15.5
Harriett was issued with a passport in Oneida County, New York StateG, on 8 October 1872 in preparation for her visiting Europe. Her mother Charlotte was issued with a passport on the same day.6
Harriett was named as a beneficiary in her father William's will made at Saratoga SpringsG on 11 April 1889. She was to inherit a one-fifth share of his estate.7
Children of Harriett M Sackett and Charles Holland Duell
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3638. Harriet M. Sackett, b. Sept. 12, 1854; m. Charles H. Duell."
- Thurmon King's database.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_758; Page: 521; Family History Library Film: 803758
Coxsackie, Greene County, New York, 31 Jul 1860
Hastings, S T M, 47, clergyman, b. NY
Hastings, Elizabeth B, 45, b. MA
Hastings, Charles M, 21, clerk, b. NY
Hastings, Mary E, 14, b. NY
Hastings, Edmond B, 11, b. NY
Sackett, Zilla, 12, b. NY
Sackett, Fred A, 10, b. NY
Sackett, E Stanley, 8, b. NY
Sackett, Charlotte G, 37, b. MA
Sackett, Harriet M, 5, b. NY
Barber, N H, 25, f, b. NY.
- 1865 New York state census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Kirkland, Oneida County, New York, Jun 1865
Framed house $2,000
Sackett, Charlotte G, 43, b. MA, 4 ch, m1
Sackett, Zilla B, dau, 17, b. Seneca County
Sackett, Frederick A, son, 15, b. Seneca County
Sackett, Stanley E, son, 12, b. Seneca County
Sackett, Harriett M, child, 10, b. Seneca County
Butrick, Mary B, mother, 76, b. MA, wid.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M593_1058; Page: 301B; Family History Library Film: 552557
Kirkland, Oneida County, New York State, 6 Jul 1870
Sacket, Charlotte, 48, personal estate $2,600, b. MA
Sacket, Zilla, 22, b. NY
Sacket, Fredrick, 20, student, b. NY
Sacket, Edward, 17, student, b. NY
Sacket, Harriet, 15, at school, b. NY.
- "US Passport Applications, 1795–1925", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Oneida County, New York State. Harriett M Sackett, of Saratoga, b. Seneca Falls, New York, 12 Sep 1854, travelling to Europe. Sworn 5 Oct 1872. Confirmed and sworn 5 Oct 1872 by William A Sackett. Applicant: age 18, ht 5' 3", forehead prominent, eyes dark blue, nose Grecian, mouth regular, chin round, hair dark brown, complexion fair, face oval. Issued 8 Oct 1872."
- "New York, Wills and Probate Records, 1659–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||13 Aug 2019|