Colonel Holland Sackett Duell
|Father||Charles Holland Duell (1850-)|
|Mother||Harriett M Sackett (1854-)|
Colonel Duell served in the First World War as major of the Thirtieth Field Artillery, Seventy-seventh Division, succeeding to the command of his regiment in reserve. He won the Distinguished Service Cross for gallantry in action.4
Children of Colonel Holland Sackett Duell and Mabel Halliwell
- Charles Halliwell Duell b. 1905
- Helen Duell b. 1906
- Holland Sackett Duell b. 1908
- Harriet Anne Duell b. 1910
- Halliwell Ledyard Duell b. 1912
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database.
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003" (Ancestry image), New York Times, 30 September 1904, "Duell—Halliwell. / The wedding of Holland Sackett Duell to Miss Mabel Halliwell took place at the Collegiate Church last evening, the Rev. Dr. Donald Mackay officiating. / Mr. Duell is a former resident of Syracuse and is a son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles H. Duell. He was graduated at Yale in the class of 1902 and from the New York Law School of 1904. Miss Halliwell is the daughter of Charles E. Halliwell, Vice President and General Manager of the Continental Tobacco Company, formerly a resident of St Louis Mo. / Owing the very serious illness of Mr. Halliwell's mother the invitations to the wedding and reception were recalled and only the relatives and a few intimate friends were present."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003" (Ancestry image), New York Times, 30 September 1904, "Duell—Halliwell.—On Thursday, Sept. 29, 1904, by the Rev. Donald Sage Mackay, Miss Mabel, daughter of Mr. Charles E. Halliwell, to Mr. Holland Sackett Duell."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003" (Ancestry image), New York Times, 2 September 1925.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||29 Aug 2019|