Ida Elizabeth Sackett
|Father||Zaven Mansfield Sackett (1834-1893)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Palmer (1831-1893)|
In 1870 Ida was living in Wayne, OhioG, in the household of her parents Zaven and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Ida E Sacket, aged eight and born in Ohio.9
In 1880 she was living in Wayne, Ashtabula County, OhioG, in the household of her parents Zavan and Mary, and was recorded as Ida E Sackett, a teacher, aged 18 and born in Ohio.10
In 1900 she was living in New Lyme, OhioG, in the household of her husband DeForest, 38, a farmer, and was recorded as Ida E Gibbs, aged 38. Living with them were their children, Myrl, 12, Carl, 10, Ivan, 6, and Lucile, aged three. There was also a female boarder in the household.11
Children of Ida Elizabeth Sackett and George DeForest Gibbs
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "12511. Ida E. Sackett, b. Mar. 31, 1862, d. Dec. 13, 1904; m. G. D. Gibbs."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- Thurmon King's database, 2031 Ida Elizabeth Sackett.
- "US Sons of the American Revolution membership applications", digital image, Ancestry.com, "George DeForest Gibbs, s. George A. Gibbs and Maria Louisa Peck, b. 20 Aug 1861, Ohio, d. 16 Jun 1913, New Lyme, Ohio, m. 15 Nov 1885, Lenox, Ohio, Ida Elizabeth Sackett, b. 31 Mar 1882, Wayne, Ohio, d. 14 Dec 1904, New Lyme, Ohio."
- "Ohio, County Marriage Records, 1774–1993", digital image, FamilySearch, "15 Nov 1885, at Lenox, Ashtabula, Ohio, G De Forest Gibbs, of New Lyme, O; and Miss Ida E Sackett. By C A Richardson, Pastor Cong. Ch. Lenox. By license of 13 Nov 1885."
- "Ohio, County Marriage Records, 1774–1993", database, Ancestry.com, "20 Oct 1906, Ashtabula, Ohio, George De Forest Gibbs, 36, father George A Gibbs, mother Maria L Peck, & Densie Phillips, 36, father Alonzo Wilder, mother Ellen Keeler."
- 1870 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: M593_1170; Page: 396B; Family History Library Film: 552669
Wayne, Ashtabula County, Ohio, 29 Jul 1870
Sackett, Zaven, 36, farmer, real estate $1,200, personal estate $400, b. PA
Sackett, Mary A, 39, keeping house, b. NY
Sackett, Charles S, 10, at school, b. OH
Sackett, Ida E, 8, at school, b. OH
Sackett, Henry P, 3, at home, b. OH
Sackett, Mercy, 76, at home, b. VT.
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, NA T9-0992/621A (TEK/CRS)
Wayne, Ashtabula, Ohio
Zavan SACKETT, head, married, 46, b. PA, farmer, father b. MA, mother b. VT
Mary An SACKETT, wife, 49, b. NY, keeping house, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Charles S. SACKETT, son, single, 20, b. OH, farmer, father b. PA, mother b. NY
Ida E. SACKETT, dau, single, 18, b. OH, teacher day school, father b. PA, mother b. NY
Henry P. SACKETT, son, 12, b. OH, at school, father b. PA, mother b. NY
Mercy SACKETT, mother-in-law, 86, infirm, b. VT, father b. CT, mother b. MA
Joseph SACKETT, uncle, 80, infirm, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
[Mercy, although recorded as mother-in-law, would have been Zavan's mother, Mercy (Mansfield) Sackett].
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: 1238; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 0031; FHL microfilm: 1241238
New Lyme, Ashtabula County, Ohio, 4 Jun 1900
Gibbs, G DeForest, head, b. Aug 1861, 38, m. 14y, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, farmer, home owned freehold
Gibbs, Ida E, b. Mar 1862, 38, m. 14y, 5 ch, 4 living, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Gibbs, Merle D, son, b. May 1888, 12, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, at school
Gibbs, Carl C, son, b. Jan 1890, 10, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, at school
Gibbs, Ivan D, son, b. Nov 1893, 6, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, at school
Gibbs, Lucile M, dau, b. Aug 1896, 3, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Peck, Lydia M, boarder, b. May 1880, 20, single, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, teacher dis school.
|Last Edited||10 November 2017|