Annie Clara Sackett
|Father||William Hewitt Sackett (1851-1896)|
|Mother||Sarah Reynolds (c 1852-)|
In 1901 Annie was living at 6 Albert Terrace, Hermon Hill, Wanstead, EssexG, in the household of her maiden aunt Mary Ann Reynolds, and was recorded in the census as Annie Clara Sackett, living on her own means, single, aged 29 and born in Kingsland, London.6
In 1921 she was living at 74 Hermon Hill, WansteadG, and was recorded as Annie C Sackett, a retired teacher, aged 49, single. She gave her relationship as "niece" but was the sole member of the household.7
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Annie was living at 130 Royal Parade, Eastbourne, SussexG, in the household of Elizabeth Tibbitts.8
Annie left a will which was proved on 11 August 1966. Her estate was valued at £406.9
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1871. Sackett, Annie Clara. Mother: Reynolds. Shoreditch. 1c:153."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Shoreditch, Middlesex, "5 November 1871 Annie Clarance [sic] d. William Hewitt Sackett & Sarah. Born 13 October 1871."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1966. Sackett, Annie C, 94. Eastbourne. 5h:308."
- Probate record.
- 1901 England census
6 Albert Terrace, Hermon Hill, Wanstead (St Mary) (5+ rooms)
Mary Ann Reynolds, head, single, 50, living on own means, b. Islington, London
Annie Clara Sackett, niece, single, 29, living on own means, b. Kingsland, London
Leonard Tibbitts, nephew, 11, b. Hoxton, London
Marjorie Tibbitts, niece, 2, b. Hoxton
James J Tibbitts, visitor, married, 38, hosier - shopkeeper, own account, b. Lambeth, London
Elizabeth Tibbitts, visitor, married, 42, b. Shoreditch, London.
- 1921 England census
74 Hermon Hill, Wanstead, London
Annie C Sackett, niece [but sole occupant], 49y 8m, single, b. Haggerston, London, teacher (retired), LCC School, Bergs Road, Homerton.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Tibbits household, 130 Royal Parade, Eastbourne C B, Sussex: RG101/2468C/010/35, Annie C Sackett, b. 13 Oct 1871, single, unpaid domestic duties; Elizabeth Tibbitts, b. 1858, widow, private means.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Annie Clara of Meads Crest Denton Road Eastbourne died 23 June 1966 at Southfields Nursing Home Southfields Road Eastbourne Probate London 11 August to Albert Joseph Deaton retired manufacturer. £406."
|Sackett line||3rd great-granddaughter of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Last Edited||12 Nov 2022|