George William Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1852-1902)|
|Mother||Louisa Else (c 1853-1926)|
In 1891 George was living at 34 Tanner Street, Faversham, KentG, in the household of his parents George and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, a scholar, aged nine and born in Preston.11
George enlisted in the East Kent Regiment "The Buffs" at BirchingtonG on 5 February 1901. He served in South Africa in the Second Boer War and saw action in Cape Colony and the Orange Free State. He was discharged on 6 June 1902.12
In 1911 he was living at 12 York Terrace, BirchingtonG, and was recorded as George Sackett, a plasterer working for a building firm, head of household, aged 29 and born in Faversham. Living with him were his wife Daisy, 29, and their daughter Dulcie, aged four.13
Child of George William Sackett and Daisy Catherine Sarah Maytum
- Dulcie Ellen Sackett b. 12 Nov 1906, d. 1949
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1881. Sackett, George William. Mother: Else. Faversham. 2a:80."
- Society of Genealogists, Monumental Inscriptions, Birchington, Kent, BIR/E461
In loving memory of my dear husband George William Sackett who passed away on Palm Sunday 31 Mar 1912 aged 30 yr 6 mth. "At rest."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1912. Sackett, George W, 30. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, Birchington, Kent (Transcript), "26 December 1905 George Willliam Sackett, 24, bachelor, plasterer, of Birchington (father George Sackett dec'd) & Daisy Catherine Sarah Maytum, 24, spinster, of Birchington (father Arthur Wallace Maytum, market gardener). Witnesses: Stephen Edward Sackett, Tryphena Butcher Maytum."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1905. Sackett, George William. Thanet. 2a:2147."
- Website England & Wales Birth Index (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Sep qtr 1881. Maytum, Daisy Catherine S. Faversham. 2a:800."
- Baptisms Register, Boughton under Blean, Kent, database, Ancestry.com, "21 Aug 1881, Daisy Catherine Sarah Maytum, father Arthur Maytum, mother Ellen."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1915. Sackett, Daisy C S. Spouse: Mackenzie. Canterbury. 2a:2806."
"Dec qtr 1915. Mackenzie, Baron P. Spouse: Sackett. Canterbury. 2a:2806."
- Email from Ann Mackenzie to Terri Carlson, Nov 2018.
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Mar qtr 1972. Mackenzie, Daisy Catherine S, b. 2 Jul 1881. Bridge. 5f:148."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12?
34 Tanner St, Faversham, Kent
George Sackett, [head], 39, plasterer, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, [wife], 38, b. Pluckley, Kent
Edith Sackett, [dau], 13, scholar, b. Preston, Kent
Fred Sackett, [son], 13, scholar, b. Preston
George Sackett, [son], 9, scholar, b. Preston
Stephen Sackett, [son], 8, scholar, b. Faversham
Ernest Sackett, [son], 3, b. Faversham
Kate Sackett, [dau], 2, b. Faversham
William Sackett, [son], 11 months, b. Faversham
[Relationships were blank in this record].
- "British Army Service Records, 1760–1915", digital image, Findmypast.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 12 York Terrace, Birchington, Kent
George Sackett, head, 29, married, plasterer, builder, worker, b. Kent, Faversham
Daisy Sackett, wife, 29, m. 5y, 1 ch., living, b. Kent, Boughton
Dulcie Sackett, dau, 4, b. Kent, Birchington.
|Last Edited||29 November 2018|