Archibald Albert Sackett
|Father||John Edward Sackett (1865-1930)|
|Mother||Agnes Burnside (c 1866-1936)|
In 1911 Archibald was living at 97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, GlamorganG, in the household of his parents John and Agnes, and was recorded in the census as Archibald Sackett, a colliery labourer (below ground), aged 21 and born in Ramsgate.8
Archibald served in the British Army during the First World War in the Welsh Regiment and in the Cheshire Regiment. He was awarded the British and Victory medals, having seen active service overseas.9,10
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Archibald and Mary and their daughter Ellen were living at 42 King Street, Gelli, Rhondda, GlamorganG. Archibald was an unemployed labourer.11
Children of Archibald Albert Sackett and Mary Ann Owen
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1889. Sackett, Archibald Albert. Mother: Burnside. Thanet. 2a:934."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, Christ Church, Ramsgate, Kent, "12 November 1889 Archibald Albert s. John Edward & Agnes Sackett, 15 Cross Street, tailor."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1964. Sackett, Archibald A, 74. Brecknock. 8a:42."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Mar qtr 1912. Sackett, Archibald A. Spouse Owens. Pontypridd. 11a:628."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Mar qtr 1912. Owens, Mary A. Spouse Sackett. Pontypridd. 11a:628."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec qtr 1947. Sackett, Mary A, 56. Cardiff."
- 1911 Wales census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, Glamorgan
John E Sackett, head, 46, married, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
Agnes Sackett, wife, 44, m. 21y, 10 ch, 8 living, b. London, Battersea
Archibald Sackett, son, 21, single, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
[Struck through: "Edith Sackett, dau, 19, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
[Struck through: "Lily Sackett, dau, 17, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
Mary Sackett, dau, 15, at home, b. Greenwich
Agnes Sackett, dau, 12, b. Greenwich
Lottie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Greenwich
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Greenwich
Nelly Sackett, dau, 4, b. Greenwich.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Archibald A, Welsh Regiment, service no. 30565, Private, Cheshire Regiment, service no. 68124, Private, Victory Medal, British Medal. WO372/17."
- "1939 Register", digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 42 King Street, Gelli, Rhondda U D, Glamorganshire, Wales: Archibald Sackett, b. 15 Oct 1889, married, labourer unemployed; Mary A Sackett, b. 27 Mar 1893, married, unpaid domestic duties; Ellen R Sackett, b. 16 Jan 1923, single, sleeve? hand factory.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Descendants of John Edward Sackett|
|Last Edited||10 Feb 2022|