Edward Arthur Sackett
|Father||Edward Samuel Richard Sackett (1902-1982)|
|Mother||Doris Lilian Pidduck (1903-1980)|
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Edward was living at 112 Margate Road, Ramsgate, KentG, where he was an errand boy in the Ray family's grocery business.9
Edward left a will which was proved in Oxford on 21 June 1991. His last address was 5 St George's Way, Glascote, Tamworth, StaffordshireG, and his estate was valued at a sum not exceeding £115,000.10
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1925. Sackett, Edward A. Mother: Pidduck. Thanet. 2a:1800."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "May 1991. Sackett, Edward Arthur, b. 8 Jun 1925. Birmingham. 32:549:591."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1946. Sackett, Edward A. Spouse: Alexander. Thanet. 2a:3740."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1946. Alexander, Patricia N. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:3740."
- The East Kent Times and Mail, Ramsgate, Kent (Newspapers.com image), 15 Jun 1946, "The Wedding of Edward Sackett and Miss Pat Alexander will take place at St. Luke's Church, Ramsgate, on June 22nd, at 2.30."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index" (Ancestry image), "Sep qtr 1926. Alexander, Patricia N. Mother: Keel. Thanet. 2a:1842."
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Ray household, 112 Margate Road, Ramsgate M B, Kent: William E Ray, b. 1913, married, grocer provision general dealer; Wilma M Ray, b. 1917, married, unpaid domestic duties; Edward A Sackett, b. 8 Jun 1925, single, errand boy (general store and off licence).
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "SACKETT, Edward Arthur of 5 St Georges Way Glascote Tamworth Staffs died 22 May 1991 Probate Oxford 21 June Not exceeding £115000 9180901048T."
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||9 Mar 2023|