William James Sackett
|Father||Samuel Henry Sackett (1844-1880)|
|Mother||Emma Rosetta Roberts (1841-)|
In 1891 William was living at 41 Cowan Street, Camberwell, LondonG, in the household of his widowed mother Emma, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a mineral water machine minder, single, aged 19 and born in Camberwell.10
In 1911 he was living at 130 Camberweill Road, Camberwell, LondonG, and was recorded as William James Sackett, a lamp attendant for the gas company, head of household, aged 39 and born in Camberwell. Living with him were his wife Caroline, 37, and their daughters, Phyllis, 4, and Dorothy, aged nine months.11
In 1921 he was living at 379 Albany Road, CamberwellG, and was recorded as William James Sackett, a gas meter collector, head of household, aged 49. Living with him were his wife Caroline, 47, and their children, Phyllis, 14, and Dorothy, aged eleven.12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, William and Caroline were living at Jesse Dene, Brentford Avenue, Billericay, EssexG. William was a retired gas collector.2
Administration of the residue of William's estate in the amount of £40 was granted on 27 July 1946 to his widow Caroline.13
Children of William James Sackett and Caroline "Carrie" Wolsey
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1872. Sackett, William James. Camberwell. 1d:729."
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, Jesse Dene, Brentford Avenue, Billericay U D, Essex: RG101/1480D/003/43, William J Sackett, b. 1 Mar 1872, married, gas collector retired; RG101/1480D/003/44, Caroline Sackett, b. 8 Feb 1874, married, unpaid domestic duties.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1940. Sackett, William J, 68. Brentwood."
- Probate record.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1900. Sackett, William James. Camberwell. 1d:1433."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1900. Wolsey, Caroline. Camberwell. 1d:1433."
- Marriages Register, St George, Camberwell, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "23 June 1900, William James Sackett, 28, bachelor, gas-fitter, of 52 Neate Street, father: Samuel Sackett (deceased), furrier; and Caroline Wolsey, 26, spinster, of 2 Southampton Street, father: Frederick Wolsey (deceased), builder. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Edith Clarke, Samuel Sackett."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1956. Sackett, Caroline, 82. Lewisham."
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 485, folio 98, p. 59, GSU roll 6095595
41 Cowan St, Camberwell, London
Emma Sackett, head, wid, 48, mantle machinist, b. London, Newington
Willm Sackett, son, single, 19, mineral water machine minder, b. London, Camberwell
Saml Sackett, son, 17, mineral water labourer, b. London, Bermondsey
Henry Raper, lodger, married, 35, bookbinder, b. London, Islington.
- 1911 England census
130 Camberwell Rd, London SE
William James Sackett, head, 39, married, lamp attendant, Gas Company, worker, b. Camberwell
Caroline Sackett, wife, 37, m. 11y, 2 ch, both living, b. Camberwell
Phyllis Edith Sackett, dau, 4, b. Camberwell
Dorothy Emma Sackett, dau, 9 months, b. Camberwell.
- 1921 England census
379 Albany Road, Camberwell, London
William James Sackett, head, 49y 3m, married, b. Camberwell, gas works, slot meter collector, South Metropolitan Gas Co, 709 Old Kent Rd
Caroline Sackett, wife, 47y 4m, married, b. Camberwell, laundry starcher, Blue House Laundry, Walworth Rd
Phyllis Edith Sackett, daughter, 14y 8m, b. Camberwell, at home, house work
Dorothy Emma Sackett, daughter, 11y 11m, b. Camberwell.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett William James of Jessendene Brentford-avenue Brentford Essex died 1 January 1940 at Billericay Hospital Brentwood Essex Administration London 27 July 1946 to Caroline Sackett widow. Effects £40."
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2022|