Charles Frederick Marr
|Father||Joseph Fox Marr (1869-1943)|
|Mother||Annie Sackett (1870-1942)|
In 1901 Charles was living at Victoria Avenue, St Sampson's, GuernseyG, in the household of his parents Joseph and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Charles Marr, aged seven and born in England.7
In 1911 he was living at 4 Albion Terrace, Vale Road, St Sampson'sG, in the household of his mother Annie, and was recorded as Charles Frederick Marr, a grocer's assistant, aged 17 and born in Hull.8
Charles served in the British Army during the First World War as an Acting Sergeant in the Royal Engineers. He was awarded the British and Victory medals, having seen active service overseas.9
At the outbreak of the Second World War in 1939, Charles and Elsie were living at 27 Eureka Road, Kingston-upon-Thames, SurreyG. Charles was a commercial traveller.10
Charles died intestate. Letters of administration of his estate were granted on 19 June 1957 to his widow Elsie. His estate was valued at £790.4
Children of Charles Frederick Marr and Elsie May Vincent
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1893. Marr, Charles Frederick. Mother: Sackett. Sculcoates. 9d:160."
- Baptism, Wesleyan Methodist Church, Hull, Yorkshire (England Births and Christenings, LDS FamilySearch), "3 Apr 1894, Charles Frederick Marr, s. of Joseph Fox Marr & Annie."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Jun qtr 1957. Marr, Charles F, 63. Surrey SE. 5g:753."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "MARR Charles Frederick of 21 Eureka-road Kingston-upon-Thames died 8 April 1957 at The General Hospital Dorking Surrey Administration London 19 June to Elsie May Marr widow. Effects £790 13s. 7d."
- Marriages Register, St Peter Norbiton, Surrey (digital image, Ancestry.com), "23 May 1919, Charles Frederick Marr, 25, bachelor, soldier, of 21 Les Canichers, St Peter Port, Guernsey, father Joseph Fox Marr, soldier; and Elsie May Vincent, 23, spinster, of 21 Sureka Road, Norbiton, father Henry John Vincent, railway signalman. By N Heelas, Vicar. Witnesses: Henry John Vincent, Ellen Maud Vincent, Sidney Marr."
- Website England & Wales Marriage Index, 1916–2005 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com), "Jun qtr 1919. Marr, Charles F. Spouse: Vincent. Kingston. 2a:1169."
"Jun qtr 1919. Vincent, Elsie M. Spouse: Marr. Kingston. 2a:1169."
- 1901 Channel Islands census
Victoria Avenue, St Sampson's, Guernsey
Joseph Marr, head, M, 31, life insurance agent, worker, b. England
Annie Marr, wife, M, 31, b. England
Leonard Marr, son, 10, b. England
Elsie Marr, dau, 9, b. England
Charles Marr, son, 7, b. England
Sidney Marr, son, 4, b. England.
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece 34759, schedule 138
4 Albion Terrace, Vale Rd, St Sampson's
Annie Marr, head, 41, married, m. 22y, 6 ch, 4 living, housewife, at home, b. Woodchurch, Kent, father b. Hythe, Kent
Leonard Marr, son, 20, single, cabinet maker, worker, b. Hull, father b. Hunmanby, Yorks
Elsie Nora Marr, dau, 19, single, shop assistant, worker, b. Hull, father b. Hunmanby, Yorks
Charles Fredk Marr, son, 17, grocer assistant, worker, b. Hull, father b. Hunmanby, Yorks
Sidney Marr, son, 14, house furnisher assistant, worker, b. Hull, father b. Hunmanby, Yorks.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards" (Findmypast transcript), "Marr, Charles F, Royal Engineers, Acting Sergeant, British War Medal, Victory Medal."
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), "Marr, household, 27 Eureka Road, Kingston-upon-Thames: RG 101/1350C, Charles F Marr, b. 2 Dec 1893, married, traveller, credit tailors; Elsie M Marr, b. 24 Apr 1896, married, unpaid domestic duties; Leonard H Marr, b. 29 May 1921, single, apprentice tool maker."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Descendants of Jabez Sackett|
|Last Edited||24 Mar 2022|