Rev Seth Sackett
|Father||Homer Sackett (1765-1853)|
|Mother||Sarah Carter (1768-1852)|
Seth was baptized as an adult and admitted to the Congregational Church of Christ, WarrenG, on 2 September 1821. He was dismissed to a church in Yale College on 19 June 1825.6
1527. Seth Sacket, 1800–18__, son of (657) Homer and Sarah Carter Sacket, was married to Harriet Galpin.
3914. Edward Sacket.
3915. Julia Maria Sacket.
3916. ___ Sacket.
3917. William Sacket.
Children of Rev Seth Sackett and Hetty D Galpin
- Mary Elisabeth Sacket b. say 1833
- Edward Sacket b. say 1835
- Julia Maria Sacket b. say 1837
- ___ Sacket b. say 1839
- William Sacket b. say 1840
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Seth, s. [Homer & Sarah], b. Feb. 6, 1800. Warren Vital Records, 1:115."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Howard Carter, Genealogy of Descendants of Thomas Carter ... of MA and CT, Norfolk, CT (1909), digital image, Ancestry.com, pp 50–51, "Seth [son of Homer Sackett and Sarah Carter], b. Feb. 6, 1800; m. about 1822, Hetty Galpin. He was a clergyman."
- Thurmon King's database, 3729 Rev Seth Sackett.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Seth, Rev., of Warren, m. Hetty D. Galpin, of Berlin, [Oct.] 19, 1831, by Rev. Ambrose Edson. Berlin Vital Records, 1:44."
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920", digital image, Ancestry.com, Church of Christ, Warren, "Sackett, Seth, bp. & adm. ch. 2 Sep 1821. 2:35."; "Sackett, Seth, adm. ch. 2 Sep 1821, on profession; dism. to church in Yale College. 5:80-1."; "Sackett, Seth, ch. mem. 11 May 1825; dism. to church in Yale College. 2:40a."; "Sackett, Seth, dism. & recom. 19 Jun 1825, by letter to church in Yale College. 2:68-9."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 3729|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||17 Apr 2022|