- Distribution and migration of the Sackett family
- New members 221 Alice Sackett, 222 Kay Wilmore, 223 James L Sackett
The "Distribution and migration" page covers only the early years so far—to the end of the 1600s. I will add at least the 1700s during the coming month. The Google maps are interactive in the usual way, provided you stay on line.
The 1841 England Census records are transcribed from images on Ancestry.co.uk. Because of the high incidence of indexing errors on Ancestry, there are certainly more Sackett records to be found. Marion Sackett found some of these at the Public Record Office some years ago when the records were not indexed at all, and these are incorporated in the new web page.
Do please let me know of any other Sackett records you may come across in this Census.
The indexing errors are mainly the result of mis-reading the handwriting of the period which often makes it difficult to distinguish the capital letters "L" and "S", and sometimes also "P" and "J". The name indexing on Ancestry sometimes lists as "Sackett" or "Sacket" other names such as "Lockett", "Sockett", "Packet", "Jacket", and perhaps others. Conversely, some Sackett households are found under Lackett and Packett. The web page includes all entries listed on Ancestry under "Sackett" and "Sacket" and errors are noted in the index and in the household listing where it is known that these are not Sacketts. The index records on Ancestry have also been annotated to help other researchers.
- Newsletter October 2008
- A Reunion Diary by Mary Volberding
- Reunion Gallery
- Families of Ancient New Haven
- New members 217 William & Jennifer Hancock
- Revised 170 Albert M Sackett
See also the link on the Reunion 2008 page to Andrew & Molly (Sackett) Pasquale's reunion blog.
Many thanks to all for supplying reunion pictures. Trying to select a reasonable number for the website was no easy matter. If you have some other favorite pictures that you would like to see on the site, please let me know.
The extracts from Families of Ancient New Haven contain details of some female descendant lines not previously recorded in our files.
- Burials, Spring Grove Cemetery, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Gallery, Columbus Dellino "C D" Sackett (1866–1950) & his descendants
- New members 214 Brian J Sackett, 215 Janet Tutt, 216 Mike Trickey
- Revised 201 Angela Robertson
Any members wishing to have a picture of themselves posted on their member's page, or having pictures of ancestors they would like posted, please send direct to me, not to the Discussion List which does not allow attachments.
- Burials, St Andrew's, Hornchurch, Essex, England
- Monumental Inscriptions, St Andrew's, Hornchurch, Essex, England
- Interments in Rensselaer County, New York
- Diary of George Holcomb of Stephentown, Rensselaer County, New York
- New members 210 Molly Sackett, 211 Alvin Oglesby, 212 Wanda Phillips, 213 Randall A Warner
Thurmon and Tom had alerted me to problems with accessing some Newsletters on the website. I have re-uploaded these and they are now working. Do please let me know of any broken links or other website errors. I test all new stuff as it is posted, but may not notice something that subsequently goes wrong.
- Deaths from the New York Evening Post
- Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts
- Newsletter July 2008
- New members 208 Kay Prindle Corwin, 209 Ron Ruberstell
- added site map
The NY Evening Post and Northampton VRs include some items of data not previously researched. They also include some Sacketts that I have not readily identified. Any help with these identifications would be appreciated.
- Torrey's New England Marriages Prior to 1700
- Knox Genealogy William Knox of Blandford, Mass.
- Springfield, MA, Vital Records to 1850 (NEHGS)
- Church Records, Greenwich, CT (NEHGS)
- Cemetery Transcriptions from NEHGS Manuscript Collection
- New members 206 John D Sackett, 207 Dennis Gottier
- Revised 11 Mary Lou Sackett, 139 Susan Wood, 187 Wendy Heath, 202 Michelle Marolis
- Old Bailey – Proceedings of the Old Bailey, London's Central Criminal Court
- Castle Garden Passenger Lists (1830–1912)
- New York Passenger Lists (1851–1891)
- New members 201 Angela Robertson, 202 Michelle Marolis, 203 Lacey Rae Watkins, 204 Paulette Wright, 205 Mike Fisher
The passenger lists pose an interesting challenge in identifying the people named as most are listed with initials only or, even more cryptically, just as Mr or Mrs. Please feel free to bombard the List with any identifications!
Any members wishing, or even reluctant but willing, to have their picture on their member's page, please send to me, not to the List.
- GRO marriage index, England & Wales (1837–1900)
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register
- 2008 Reunion page updated
- Newsletter April 2008
- New member 200 Jane Harnden
- Committee records: members' resolutions & Committee elections
- Vital Records, Westfield, MA, births & deaths (NEHGS Dougherty abstracts)
- Vital Records, Westfield, MA, marriages (NEHGS Dougherty abstracts)
- Vital Records, Westfield, MA (LDS film, extracts by Ted Mudge)
- New members 195 Beverley Service, 197 Joanne Smandych, 198 Judith LuMaye, 199 Jamey Sackett, 70 Alison Sackett,
The New England Historic Genealogical Society have published the abstracts of Westfield VRs made by Harold T. Dougherty who donated them to NEHGS in 1937. In extracting the Sacket(t) entries and comparing them with the extracts made from a LDS microfilm in 2002 by Association member Ted Mudge and with other sources, a significant number of discrepancies have been found. In most cases these would appear to be the result of transcription errors by the NEHGS volunteers who transcribed the Dougherty abstracts. Some caution is therefore needed in using these records. I am compiling a list of apparent errors for NEHGS. The Dougherty records do however contain a number of records not previously found.
- Newsletter January 2008
- Comstock Genealogy, extracts
- Cooley Genealogy, extracts
- New members 191 Sue & Rick Sackett, 192 Katrina Medved, 193 Jill Attwell, 194 Lukas Niederstadt