|Father||Russel Sackett (1782-1839)|
|Mother||Polly Brass (c 1787-1870)|
In 1870 Seth was living in WestfieldG and was recorded in the census as Sette Sackette, a whip maker, aged 38 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Ellen, 36, and their children, Lewis, 13, Herbert, 11, and Harry, aged three. Also in the household was a 13-year-old female domestic servant.4
Children of Seth Sackett and Ellen R Smith
- Lewis H Sackett b. c 1856
- Herbert Lynan Sackett b. 19 Jan 1859
- Henry R Sackett b. c 1867, d. c 1885
1150. Seth Sacket, 1831–1891, of Westfield, Mass., son of (510) Russell and Mary Brass Sacket, was married, in 1855, to Ella R. Smith.
2857. Herbert L. Sackett.
2858. Henry R. Sackett, b. in 1867, d. in 1885, unmarried.
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1150. Seth Sacket, b. in 1831, d. in 1891; m. Ella R. Smith."
- Date of birth calculated from age at death.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v328, p400, death, "1881 Nov 17, Seth Sackett, male, married, 50-1-17, septicimia, at Westfield, whip maker, s. Russell & Mary, father b. Westfield, mother b. Westfield."
- 1870 United States Federal Census
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackette, Sette (Seth?), 38, male, works at whips, $-, $500, b. Mass
Sackett, Ellen, 36, keeping house, $800, $-, b. Conn
Sackett, Lewis, 13, attending school, b. Mass
Sackett, Herbet, 11, attending school, b. Mass
Sackett, Harry, 3, at home, b. Mass
Abbott, Etta, 13, domestic servant, b. Mass.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||4 May 2023|