Harriet N Sacket
|Father||Israel Sacket (1792-1851)|
|Mother||Lucy Doane (1799-1870)|
Harriet was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in WestfieldG on 8 April 1844. She was left an amount of one-ninth of the value of the real estate to be paid to her by her brothers Francis and Charles, who were to inherit the land jointly.5
In 1850 Harriet was living in WestfieldG in the household of her parents Israel and Lucy, and was recorded in the census as Harriet Sackett, aged 26 and born in Massachusetts.6
In 1870 she was living in WestfieldG in the household of her brother Charles, and was recorded as Harriett Sackett, aged 44.7
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1132. Harriet Sacket, m. Simeon Southworth."
- Genealogy of the Southworths (Southards), descendants of Constant Southworth, digital image, Ancestry.com.
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Death Records, 1841-1915" (Ancestry image), "26 Jul 1893, Harriet N Southworth, widow of Simon G Southworth, 69-2-23, apoplexy, res. & d. Chicopee, bur. Westfield, housewife, b. Westfield, father Israel Sackett b. Westfield, mother Lucy Doane b. W Springfield."
- Vital Records, Chicopee, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Harriet N., Chicopee, 1876, v280, p324, Marriage
"1876 Dec 28, Simon G Southworth, of Chicopee, 52, sword manfg, b. Monsin[?], s. Seth A Southworth & Olive Gillett, second marriage, & Harriet N Sackett, of Westfield, 52, b. Westfield, d. Israel Sackett & Lucy D Sackett, first marriage. Married by Saml E Herrick, Pastor, Mt Vernon Chh, Boston."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991" (Ancestry image).
- 1850 United States Federal Census
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
Israel Sackett, 51, farmer, b. MA
Lucy Sackett, 50, b. MA
Harriet Sackett, 26, b. MA
Francis Sackett, 25, whips, b. MA
Charles Sackett, 21, farmer, b. MA
Mary Sackett, 10, b. MA
Lucinda Randall, 17, b. MA.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Charles, 41, farmer, $2,000, $500, b. Mass
Sackett, Lucy, 69, keeping house, $-, $400, b. Mass
Sackett, Harriett, 44, no occupation, $-, $600, b. Mass
Sackett, Mary ann or Mary am, 39, keeping house, $-, $1,000, b. England
Sackett, Emma, 12, attending school, b. Mass
Noble, Daniel, 45, farm laborer, b. Mass
Sackett, Frances, 43, female, farmer, b. Mass.
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||4 Dec 2021|