|Father||Heman Sackett (1783-1851)|
|Mother||Experience Searle (c 1788-1873)|
George was listed in the 1840 census as a householder in WestfieldG.5
In 1850 George was living in WestfieldG and was recorded in the census as George Sacket, a whip maker, aged 42 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Lucy, 36, and children, Seymour, 14, Mary, 12, and Ellen, aged nine. Also in the household were Melissa Cooly, 18, and Esther R Johnson, 16.6
In 1860 he was living in WestfieldG and was recorded as George Sacket, a lash cutter, aged 51. Living with him were his wife Lucy, 45, and their children, Mary, 21, Ellen, 19, and George, aged six.7
In 1870 he was living in WestfieldG and was recorded as George Sackett, a lash maker, aged 61, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Lucy, aged 53, and born in Massachusetts, son George Arthur, aged 16, and mother Experience, aged 82. George and Lucy's daughters, Mary, 32, and Ellen, 29, were also in the household with their husbands, respectively, John Henry Smith and Hartley Shattuck.8
Children of George Sacket and Lucy Asenath "Betsey" Cowles
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1123. George Sacket, b. in 1808."
- Thurmon King's database.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "George Sacket of W. and Lucy Asenath Cowles of W; m. Oct. 17, 1831."
- American Antiquarian Society, "Newspaper Extractions from the Northeast, 1704–1930", digital image, Ancestry.com, Columbian Centinel, Massachusetts, 2 Nov 1831, marriage, "George Sackett m. Lucy A. Cowles in Westfield."
- 1840 US census, database, American Ancestors, "George Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_318/202
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
George Sacket, 42, whips, b. MA
Lucy A Sacket, 36, b. MA
Seymour A Sacket, 14, b. MA
Mary Sacket, 12, b. MA
Ellen A Sacket, 9, b. MA
Melissa Cooly, 18, female, b. MA
Esther R Johnson, 16, b. MA.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 854, FHL film 803502
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sacket, George, 51, lash cutter, personal estate $2000, b. MA
Sacket, Lucy, 45, b. MA
Sacket, Mary, 21, dress maker, b. MA
Sacket, Ellen A, 19, dress maker, b. MA
Sacket, George A, 6, b. MA.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M593_619, p 396B, FHL film 552118
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts, 25 Jun 1870
Sackett, George, 61, lash maker, real estate $4000, personal estate $2000, b. MA
Sackett, Lucy, 53, keeping house, b. MA
Sackett, George Arthur, 16, at school, b. MA
Sackett, Experiance, 82, no occupation, b. MA
Loyd, Sally, 70, no occupation, b. MA
Smith, J Henry, 39, cigar maker, personal estate $500, b. MD
Smith, Mary, 32, dress maker, b. MA
Shattuck, Hartly, 29, day laborer, personal estate $200, b. NH
Shattuck, Ellen, 29, dress maker, b. MA.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1056|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||29 Dec 2021|