In 1790 Aaron was living in Litchfield, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were two men and three females.3
Aaron was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in LitchfieldG.4
In 1820 he was a householder in Wallingford, Rutland County, VermontG.5
Aaron's parents have not been identified. Weygant, Sacketts of America, stated that Aaron was a grandson of Captain Richard Sackett of New York and Margery Slade, but evidence for this has not been found. See Thurmon King's article on Aaron Sackett's disputed ancestry. He may have been the same as Aaron Sacket, born in Sheffield, Massachusetts, in 1767, to Benjamin Sacket and Dorothy Buell.
714. Aaron Sackett, grandson of (75) Capt. Richard and Margery L. Sleade Sackett, was by occupation a farmer and resided near Rutland, Vermont. He had at least three
12721. Charles Sackett.
Children of Aaron Sackett and Phebe Hart
- Huldah Sackett b. 25 Jun 1787
- Elizabeth Sackett b. 8 Apr 1789, d. 1846
- Clarissa Sackett b. 26 May 1791
- Charles Sackett+ b. 23 May 1793, d. 7 Aug 1879
- Amanda Sackett+ b. 23 Aug 1795, d. 28 Jan 1871
- Phebe Hart Sackett b. 27 May 1798, d. c 1879
- William Sackett b. 2 Sep 1800, d. 29 Jul 1863
- Electa Sackett+ b. 28 Sep 1802, d. 19 Feb 1865
- Nancy Sackett b. 3 Jan 1805
- Melinda Sackett+ b. 29 Oct 1807, d. 2 Apr 1865
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Aaron, m. Phebe Hart, July 6, 1786, Litchfield Vital Records, 1:201."
- 1790 United States census
Aaron Sacket. Litchfield, Litchfield, CT. 2 white males (16+) and 3 white females.
- 1800 United States census
"Aaron Sacket, Litchfield, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
- 1820 United States census
"Aaron Sackett, Wallingford, Rutland County, Vermont."
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 3
|Last Edited||31 Aug 2022|