|Father||John Sackett (1757-1813)|
|Mother||Mary Hughes (c 1757-1827)|
In 1841 Thomas was living at King Street, St John, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Thos Sackett, a carrier, aged 50 and born in Kent. Living with him were his wife Martha, 42, and their children, Thomas, 15, George, 14, Elizabeth, 11, Eliza, 10, Edward, 8, Catherine, 6, William, 5, and Stephen, aged two.9
In 1851 he was living at King Street, St John's, Margate, KentG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, a carrier, head of household, married, aged 60, and born in Margate. Living with him were his wife Martha and their children, Elizabeth, 20, Edward, 18, William, 14, Stephen, 12, and Emma, aged six.10
Children of Thomas Sackett and Martha Setterfield
- John Sackett+ b. 1820, d. 1872
- Mary Sackett b. 1822
- Martha Sackett b. 1823
- Thomas Sackett+ b. 1825, d. 1 Jun 1875
- George Sackett+ b. 1827, d. Jan 1858
- Elizabeth Sackett b. 1829
- Eliza Ann Sackett b. 1831
- Edward Henry Sackett b. 1833, d. 1894
- Catherine Sarah Sackett b. 1834
- William Setterfield Sackett+ b. 1836, d. 26 Mar 1898
- Stephen Setterfield Sackett+ b. 1838, d. 1911
- Joseph Sackett b. 1840, d. 1840
- Emma Hanna Sackett b. 1842, d. 1859
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "27 March 1791 Thomas s. John & Mary Sacket, bn 27 February."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1860. Sackett, Thomas, 69. Thanet. 2a:348."
- Burials Register, Zion Chapel, Margate, Kent, "7 August 1860 Thomas Sackett, 70 yrs, dropsy."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "7 October 1819 Thomas Sackett & Martha Setterfield. Witnesses: George Allen, John Lambert [who married Mary Bean the same day]."
- Birth date based on age at death.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1629/f.368
St. Johns, Margate, Kent
Thomas SACKETT, head, married, 60, carrier, b. Kent, Margate
Martha SACKETT, wife, 50, housewife, b. Kent, Minster
Elizabeth SACKETT, dau, unmarried, 20, b. Kent, Margate
Edward SACKETT, son, unmarried, 18, b. Kent, Margate
William SACKETT, son, 14[?], b. Kent, Margate
Stephen SACKETT, son, 12, b. Kent, Margate
Emma SACKETT, dau, 6, b. Kent, Margate.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1861. Sackett, Martha, 63. Thanet. 2a:408."
- Burials Register, Zion Chapel, Margate, Kent, "6 September 1861 Martha Sackett, 68 years."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, King Street, St John, Margate, Kent
Thos Sackett, 50, carrier, b. Kent
Matha Sackett, 42, b. Kent
Thos H Sackett, 15, b. Kent
George Sackett, 14, b. Kent
Elizth Sackett, 11, b. Kent
Eliza Sackett, 10, b. Kent
Edwd Sackett, 8, b. Kent
Catherine Sackett, 6, b. Kent
William Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 2, b. Kent
Entries from Thos Sackett to Eliza Sackett: HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 25; Page: 10; Line: 20/25; GSU roll: 306863.
Entries from Edwd Sackett to Stephen Sackett: HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 27; Page: 12; Lines: 1/4; GSU roll: 306863.
[Note: The enumerator skipped a page in error with the result that Edward, Catherine, William, and Stephen Sackett's entries on the first four lines of page 12 (they should be on page 11) appear to place them wrongly in an unrelated Fagg family.]
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, King St., St. Johns, Margate, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 60, carrier, b. Kent, Margate
Martha Sackett, wife, 50, housewife, b. Kent, Minster
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, unmarried, 20, b. Kent, Margate
Edward Sackett, son, unmarried, 18, b. Kent, Margate
William Sackett, son, 14[?], b. Kent, Margate
Stephen Sackett, son, 12, b. Kent, Margate
Emma Sackett, dau, 6, b. Kent, Margate
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||24 Aug 2021|